𝟎𝟎𝟖

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ ᗴIᘜᕼT

__________

Madeleine stood with the others, Travers and a few Aurors at the far end of the viaduct outside Hogwarts. Walking up from the school, she could see Dumbledore making his way towards them. Newt walks ahead alone to meet Dumbledore and Travers moves to stop him.

"I think it's best if he speaks to him alone." Theseus says to Travers. Travers opens his mouth to protest but nods curtly when he meets Theseus's gaze. They watch as Newt meets Dumbledore in the middle. They begin to talk and Madeleine watches as Newt pulls something about of his pocket. 'that'll be the blood pact' Madeleine thinks to herself. A couple seconds later, Dumbledore lifts his arms to show the Admonitors around his wrists. Theseus raises his wand and in a circling motion, Madeleine watches as the Admonitors fall from Dumbledore's wrists.

Madeleine turns away from the small scene and takes the few steps towards the edge of the viaduct, placing her hands on the wall and leaning on it slightly, looking out to the mountains. Behind her, the group begins to move slowly towards the castle. Theseus glances over to the blonde and spots her leaning against the wall. He takes a step towards her but Travers' voice interrupts his movements,

"Theseus?"

"I'll be there in a minute." he replies and Travers nods slightly, following the others towards the castle as Theseus makes his way over to Madeleine. She doesn't lift her head when he sides up next to her but instead lets out a small sigh.

"You ok?" he asks. She nods slightly.

"Yeah. Why didn't you go with the others?"

"Wanted to see if you were ok. Are you sure your alright?"

"I'll be fine. You go, i'm gonna head out."

"Why?" he asks, looking at her. Madeleine removes her hands from the wall, standing up properly but still not looking at him.

"Don't really feel like it. I said i'd visit my sister anyway."

Theseus nods, still watching her. She finally lifts her head, locking eyes with him. She steps towards him, placing her hands on his shoulders. He gets the hint and wraps his arms around her, her own going to below his neck and they hug each other tightly.

"I'm really sorry for your loss, Theseus." she whispers in his head, her breath warm against his neck as she places her head against his shoulder.

"Thank you." he murmurs back, tightening his grip slightly before pulling away from her. Madeleine sniffs, wiping a finger under her eye, catching a stray tear. She looks up at Theseus, making eye contact before pursing her lips and nodding at him.

"I'll see you later. Probably about a month if i end up disappearing again," she says and she laughs slightly. He smiles, chuckling and nodding, looking out over the viaduct and then back to her.

"Hopefully not too long then."

Madeleine nods, taking a deep breath.

"Tell Dumbledore i'll be contact." she adds and Theseus nods again, studying her. She turns away and begins to walk to the edge of the grounds, off the other side of the viaduct. Theseus watches as she reaches the end. Madeleine looks back at him, making eye contact briefly before disapparating away. He lowers his eyes, looking down to the floor before sighing and turning away, heading towards the castle.

•••••

Madeleine reappears outside her sister's house. She glances up the building with a sigh, looking through the tall gates. Her sister owned a manor, and a big one at that. She'd inherited it from their grandmother and had decided to move into it not king after she'd given birth to twins. Ayana was a single mother, her boyfriend dying when she was 4 months pregnant. They'd had a complicated relationship and she'd seemed almost glad that he is no longer here to command her. She now was a single mom, living in a big house taking care of two, ten year olds. She'd always said to Madeleine that when the twins started at Hogwarts, she'd file for a job there.
Madeleine takes her wand out of her robes, muttering the password and drawing a circle with her wand in front of the gate. She waits for a second, putting her wand away before the tall gates groan and begin to open. Madeleine walks through, making her way towards the big house, the gates groaning again and shutting behind her.
A few minutes later, Madeleine sat in her sister's drawing room, filling her in on everything that had happened since she'd last met and playing wizards chess with her nephew.

________________________________________

𝘼/𝙉 : 𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑓 𝑎𝑐𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑒, 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑒𝑑 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑎 𝑀𝑎𝑑𝑑𝑦 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟. 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑓 𝑎𝑐𝑡 𝑡𝑤𝑜 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑘 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑏𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑗𝑢𝑑𝑔𝑒 ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑠𝑚𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑐𝑡 𝑖𝑠, 𝐼 𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑠𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠.