Sweet redemption chapter 32

Sweet redemption

Chapter 32

Three weeks later...

Emma POV

Darla is such a good baby, Daryl breeds good babies, she only cries when hungry or dirty, and sleeps well no wonder I love having his babies. I'm recovered from having Darla enough to start my first-day training with Denise to be a midwife. 

"Okay you made it Emma, so I'm going to teach you to be a nurse and that is the start of your training. You need to learn basic medical training before you can become a midwife."

"Okay, I'm all yours teach me."

"I have asked for some help as we need a mannequin. Can you come in?"

"Hey, I heard from a birdie someone was turning me into a mummy. Is that right babe?"

"Yeah you're unconscious Tara you aren't supposed to talk. But you are lucky you are wearing shorts darling as I can do this." As Denise grabs a red pen and draws on Tara's leg she's trying not to laugh but failing miserably. "Normally if our patient was bleeding she wouldn't be laughing, this one is going to get into trouble later tonight for being a bad patient. You take some gauze like this and clean the wound, like this." She wipes the 'wound' on Tara's leg. "Now you apply another piece of gauze and place it over the wound. Then take the right size bandage and with your bandages you start winding it around the leg in this case."

For the rest of the day, we did turn Tara into a mummy, she had bandages on her arms, legs, and head. I got shown how to apply a splint to her legs without sticks and using sticks.

"Well, that's a good first day Emma, you are a fast learner. But I knew you would be. Rest look after your baby, by the way anytime Darla needs feeding and you are here tell Daryl to bring her here it's cool."

"Thanks, guys. I'll see you tomorrow." Just as I was about to leave Carl and Enid burst through the door.

"Denise, Enid's water has broken and there might have been blood but I didn't look and the contractions are close."

"Do you need me, Denise?"

"Yeah, no time like the present. Enid, do you mind that Emma trains on you?"

"No, I wanted you here anyway."

"Okay, head to examination room two. Come on Emma and we will prep the room.

"Ow ow ow."

"I think we should give you an epidural. It will help with the pain."

"No, I want it as natural as possible."

"No Enid I don't want you hurting."

"Emma, does it hurt?"

"It's not the nicest thing in the world. But if you think you can cope but if you need it and then we can give it to you. But remember there is a limit leave it too late and you won't be able to have it."

"Okay, Emma."

"Enid baby, I don't want you to hurt."

"Carl I'm okay. Ow ow ow I can do this."

"Now Enid I'm going to insert my fingers and examine you to see how far you are dilated. It shouldn't hurt." I watch Denise insert her fingers into Enid. "Okay, Enid honey. We need to talk. The baby is not head down."

"What does that mean Denise? Will Enid be able to have Laurie?"

"We can try turning it or I can perform a cesarean  I don't want to if I don't have to."