Catalina

By the time one rolled around I was bored out of my mind. I had ran out of paint and my other art supplies were ruined by Tim. Maybe I should go buy some? This would give me a chance to get to know the town. Deciding that was what I was going to do today I got dressed. Looking down at my legs when I took my sweats off I was glad to see that the bruising was fading. It was light enough for me to cover them up with make-up.

The weather was nice today so I went with my summer dress that went mid-thigh and was baby blue, it was my favorite dress. I paired them with my black boots that go a little past my knees. I moved to my hair that was a rat's nest so a bun it was. I pulled a little bit of hair from the side to frame my face, then covered up my bruising on my face.

When I found my dad he was in the back yard with Titus, Corvette, and Alexzander. "Hey, dad is there an art supplies store around here?" When my dad turned to look at me he looked a little taken back. It made me think that something was wrong with what I was wearing? "What?"

"Nothing, I'm just taking back on how you look." I frowned at his words. "You only been wearing sweats or shorts and that big ass sweater," He added my guess was to save his ass.

But I guess he was right because this is the first time I have dressed up since I've been here. My body has been hurting so I wanted to be comfortable and sweats always did the trick. "I guess you're right." I felt my cheeks heat up as I looked down.

"What kind of art store are you looking for?" I looked to Alexzander as he spoke.

"Umm...one that has art paint, chalk, pencils. Oh and art canvases maybe paper." I listed things that I remember needing.

They all had confused looks on their faces so I'm guessing they don't know. "How about a Michaels. Most likely they will have everything there."

"Yeah, there is one in town. Do you need a ride out there?" My dad asked.

I shook my head. "Can I borrow the car?" My dad raised his eyebrow at me. "Do you even have a car?" Come to think of it I haven't seen one all I see is the bike out front.

"Yeah, I got a car it's in the garage, do you have your license or just a permit?"

"I have my license. I got it when I was sixteen." I smiled brightly at him.

"Alright, call me if you need anything okay?" My dad kissed the top of my head and I returned one on his cheek. "The keys are in the hallway and do you need money?"

"No, I still have a lot left over from the check you sent to mom. I use it to come here." My dad was taking back by my answer and nodded but the look on his face told me we were going to have a talk later.

Walking inside I found the keys fast then when into the garage. The car was a simple black Nissan Altima getting inside I fixed all the mirrors and put my seat belt on. I flipped through the radio station till I found a song I liked. My phone make a ding sound looking at it Bo's name flashed on the screen.

Bo: Have you made up your mind yet, beautiful?

Did he just call me beautiful? I am far from it.

Me: Beautiful? And no I haven't but you will be first to know when I do.

Bo: I think you're beautiful but that's beside the point. What are you up to?

Me: Heading to Michaels.

Bo: who's Michael?

I started laughing to myself and put my phone down, I'm going to make him sweat it a bit. I was not about to text and drive that's a big mistake. As I started on my way I was glad the car had GPS and I was able to find it with ease. As I walked through the aisles and grabbing everything I needed my phone was ringing a little crazy.