Part 10

TW: attempted suicide

Craig and Clyde went to school the next day and acted like nothing had happened the day before. Craig thought that everything would just go back to normal, Clyde and Bebe were still together, and Craig was still single. Tweek and Jason had started fighting a bit, so trouble in paradise there, but other than that, everything is the same in South Park.

Craig sat in class and watched how Bebe sat mounted on Clyde's lap while he played on his phone. Clyde looked over at Craig because he felt eyes staring at him. Clyde flashed a smile and hugged Bebe. She smiled and kissed him on the lips, which made Craig cringe. He looked away. 

Craig quickly looked around, and to his surprise, Tweek wasn't in the room, had he gone home?  Craig said to himself, concerned. He worked on the assignment the teacher had assigned and sent a text to his dad,

Craig: Hey dad, can you come to pick me up? I don't feel good and want to go home.

Thomas: Alright, I'm on my way over now.

Craig smiled at his phone and finished his assignment before getting called to the office to go home. When Craig got home, he walked to his room and started writing letters. He wrote one to Laura, Thomas, Trisha, Token, Jimmy, Cartman, Stan, Kyle, Kenny, Tweek, Jason, Bebe, Wendy, his aunts, and his uncles. he started writing a letter to Clyde, it read,

To my beloved best friend, I know you're probably thinking why the hell I would kill myself, but I got the courage from you. I knew I would've never been able to date you. If I were honest, I have always loved you, and I wanted you to know that. I didn't want to leave you, but I can't take to sit here and be useless. I want you to never forget me, and I will always live in your heart. Don't get into too much trouble, come to my funeral, come and visit my grave, and don't ever forget or I'll come to haunt you. Also, play your talent for the world. You play a pretty damn good guitar. I know that we never got to grow up together and be the old men in the retirement home. I just can't keep going in a world I don't belong in. I hope we meet in another life. And maybe, just maybe, I'll be the girl of your dreams. That you'll want to spend the rest of your life with. Maybe I'll be in the sky, staring down at you from heaven. I hope you aren't sad. Just know I wasn't in any pain, I have thought about this for a while, and I am finally taking motions.  You were the light in my darkest moments, and I was praying that you would one day be mine. But if you don't want me, then treat your wife right. Because she's a keeper, Clyde, she's a keeper. From your loving, gay friend Craig.

Craig felt the tears roll down his cheeks as he folded the note and put it in an envelope. He wrote Clyde's name on it and sighed. Craig was tired, too tired. And he was ready to rest. 

He gently tied the rope, smiling as he climbed on the chair, putting around his neck and stepping off. He struggled a bit, but eventually, everything went black. 

Clyde was sitting in his room, reading a book. When he heard Roger on the phone but couldn't make out who it was on the other side of the phone. He ignored it and just thought it was a hooker. He heard the phone get hung up and heard footsteps walking up the stairs to his door, and the door opened. He watched his dad walk in and cocked his head.

"What's up, dad?"

Said the confused brown-haired boy. 

"Were you and Craig dating?" 

Clyde looked at his dad with surprise,

"We shared a kiss and made out. It wasn't anything serious."

Roger looked at Clyde for a good 20 minutes, then sighed and pushed his glasses to his forehead. He looked at the picture of Craig and Clyde on the nightstand. He started tearing up.

"Dad, what is it?"

Clyde said, now afraid. Roger closed his eyes, and tears poured down his cheeks. 

"Did something happen to Craig?" 

Roger opened his eyes,

"Yeah, Laura, Craig's mom found him hanging from a rope in his room. He killed himself, Clyde. They called an ambulance, but Laura thinks it might've been too late. She said they were at the hospital with him."

Clyde stared at his father in disbelief.

"He's not dead. He can't be! No, you're lying. Haha, very funny dad, you can stop joking now."

Roger stared at his son, and Clyde burst into tears and fell into his father's arms, 

"It's going to be okay, Clyde. I promise he's a strong kid. He'll be fine." 

Clyde shook his head and cried into Roger's shirt,

"He won't be okay, I should've just broken up with Bebe. He needed me, and I wasn't there for him." 

He started bawling, and the phone started ringing. Roger answered it and then looked at Clyde.

"Craig is okay. He's in a coma, but he's alright." 

Clyde sighed with relief his boyfriend was alright, and he knew the only way to make it up to Craig was to go to the hospital and tell Craig how he felt about him.