Chapter 7 - Voices

Warning, there is one swear said.

-----------

"Zedaph was the name?"

"Mhm... Th-that's me..."

"I'm Impulse, ImpulseSV! It's wonderful to meet you!"

"And I'm Tango!"

"I'm Zedaph- You already knew that, sorry..."

"No need to apologize! Now, shall we be friends?"

"F-friends... Of course, sure!"

"We need a team name."

"A team name?"

"Duh- We are a team. There's you, Zed, Impulse, and me, Tango."

"Zit is what the first letters of our names spell."

"That sounds dumb-"

"Sounds cool! Team Zit, whatcha guys think?"

"Sure."

"Not the best name, but whatever. Sure."

A ringing shot painfully through his head. It slowly lowered in volume after a while, loud, yelling voices heard.

"Let me see him!"

"He needs to rest!"

"It's not like I'm going to bother him! Please, I just need to see him! Do you know how fucking worried I've been!?"

"Tango, there is no need for swearing! I understand you are upset, and worried, I am too, but just let him rest!"

Footsteps added onto the sound. It wasn't like he could see if someone was there. His eyelids were painfully heavy, his head in insane pain. Was that what it felt like to have a migraine? A door slammed open.

"Tango, please, calm down." This voice was different from the other two that were shouting earlier. It was soft, and kind. He recognized that accent. Stress.

"H-has he woken up?"

"No. Not yet, luv."

A loud sigh could be heard, "Tango. I know you are worried, but we need to let him rest."

"He's not even awake... C-can't I just stay in here?"

"Fine, if Stress is fine with it."

"It's fine by me."

"Tango, should I go get Impulse?"

"Yes, please..."

He wanted to say something, but he couldn't. He couldn't move. He could barely breathe. The ringing was still there. The pain was still intense as ever. He couldn't see. He felt defenseless.

Someone could hit him at any moment.

He couldn't run if everyone started yelling at him.

That scared him.

He wanted to move.

Everything started to fade out again, the ringing getting louder and louder. It hurt so much.

"Why would I care!? He is just a stupid child! It would worse for him to go to school!"

"He seems to hate it at home though, we have to do something!"

"You do something, woman! I'm not going to waste my time on such a useless thing!"

"He's learning! He- he can make inventions, he is learning redstone!"

"I'll only care once he proves it to me! How? By making money! He has done nothing with his life!"

"We've kept him inside his whole life!"

"And!?"

He couldn't move. It was just outside of his door. He couldn't cover his ears. It was so loud. It hurt.

The small boy shot up from the bed, breathing heavily. He could finally move again. Zed traced his hands to his ears. The ringing was gone! He glanced to the rest of the room. He saw three people. Tango and Impulse both were sleeping on chairs next to each other, Tango's head on the other's shoulder. The third person had just entered. It was Xisuma.

"Zedaph, I see you've woken up." Xisuma walked over, taking a seat on the end of the bed, "How are you feeling?"

"I... Okay- not the best, but at least okay." Zedaph replied, before adding, in a more excited tone, "Oh! I do think I am starting to remember a bit! I- I heard voices! One was me... There were two others, Tango and Impulse. We- we were talking about being... team zit I think it was?"

"You are remembering things!" Xisuma sounded very excited.

Their talking seemed to wake up the others. "Is Zed awake...?" Tango mumbled, yawning.

"Yes he is."

Tango seemed instantly awake at that, hopping up, and running to the side of Zedaph's bed. Impulse followed behind, though just walking.

"Zed! Are you alright? What happened?" Tango hugging tightly onto the small goat hybrid. The smaller tensed for a moment, before hugging back softly.

"I'm fine, Tango..." Zedaph mumbled.

"That's a relief." Impulse mentioned, Tango nodding frantically.

"And, we have good news." Xisuma getting the two netherspawn to look at him, "Zedaph seems to be beginning to remember a few things."

"Really!? Do you remember us?"

"A bit... Well, you guys are what I'm starting to remember." Zedaph gave a soft smile, "I- I heard us talking... Just the voices, I couldn't see anything. First, it was what sounded like introductions. Then after that, we were deciding on a team name... And I heard more voices but that's not anything related to this."

"More voices?"

Of course that was what Xisuma focused on. "It's nothing- just hearing something from my childhood, that's all."

"I'm just glad you are starting to remember..." Tango smiled warmly.

"Where's Stress?" Zedaph asked out of the blue, "Isn't this her base?"

"I believe she went to rest, since she had been looking over a lot of things last night." Xisuma mentioned, "I stayed to take care of you."

"I see..." Zedaph mumbled, "So, when will I be able to head back to my base?"

"Once Stress is back, we can see."

"Okay..."

"And for now, we can hangout!" Tango mentioned, getting a small nod from Impulse.

"All good with me."

(817 words)