Chapter 15 - Minimal Connection

It's been... Like a month since I've posted a chapter of this... I'm sorry about that! I haven't had the best motivation towards this story, and I've been finding it hard to write. Along with that, I've also been farely busy.

I hope this is an alright chapter.... Welp, enjoy!

------------

"Zed, you seem a bit distracted. Everything alright?" Impulse raised an eyebrow at the goat hybrid who glanced to the imp.

"Huh- Oh, yeah I'm fine!" Zedaph chuckled with an awkward glance.

"You sure?" Tango hugged the other from behind, leaning his head onto the boy's shoulder.

"Haha- Yeah... Mhmmm.." Zed flushed as Tango placed a small kiss on his cheek.

"Alright... If you say so." Tango hummed, "Just thinking about trying to get your memories back?"

"Yeah." Zed nodded slightly.

Impulse leaned backwards to the ground, with a sigh, "I'm glad things aren't messed up completely... I know me and Tango were terrified that we could completely lose you when we found out that you lost your memory..."

"But we didn't!" Tango smirked, leaning against Zed's shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah..." a small smile sat on Zed's face, "Still a lot to remember..."

"Do you want us to help you try to remember things now?"

"I- I think I have things figured out!" Zedaph chuckled, the voice echoing in his head.

Zedaph let out a long sigh, "Okay, before I help you with anything... At least let me get a few memories?"

"Yeah, yeah, I get it... I still need to figure out the best way for that. There are magical ways... Or the code. Or just how you've been getting them back so far."

"I think... A little at a time..." Zedaph glanced around the seemingly empty cave, "It's weird talking with someone I can't see."

"Just imagine I look like Xisuma, except with red armor, and red eyes. And the bit of hair you can see past the mask is white."

"Huh..." Zedaph tried to focus on those details... "What else?"

"I don't fu-"

"EY- No swearing in my mind!"

"I don't freaking know! I have a X shaped scar over my face, across my nose. Everything else is basically Xisuma but different coloured..."

"X shaped scar..." They were such simple details. Maybe Zed could remember the being that was trying to help him? Help was a loose term...

Zedaph reached a hand up to the ceiling, letting his eyes squeeze close.

Glass shattered around him. The world was falling around him. And the impact... It hurt.

The goat hybrid's purple eyes shot open with a quick breath.

"I don't care at this point! It's not like he'll care later, once he runs off to his STUPID cave!" The voice yelled. A familiar voice...

And again, a familiar voice. One he remembered speaking to him. Before he remembered anything else, "You're awake. Thank goodness..."

The glass was on the table. Covered in his own blood.

He was falling.

Each breath was quicker, and quicker. And finally the being in his head spoke.

"Did you remember something?"

"I was falling..."

"And?"

"There was glass- It hurt- Impulse was yelling- Joe was happy I was awake-"

"Calm down."

"Shut up..."

"Excuse me...?"

"S-sorry, Evil Xisuma..."

"It's fine. Whatever."

"Also- Did you do anything to make me remember or...?"

"Let's just say... I fiddled a bit with the code, through the minimal access everyone has to it."

"Alright... Alright, I guess we have a way to try to get back memories... Right."

"You still have to help with my issue."

"I know."

It felt weird now... Doing anything felt weird, knowing that someone heard, and saw everything he did. And... that being had the power to affect things minimally... Like, shutting him up for an example.

It was terrifying...

(536 words)