Chapter 8 - A past Crush?

"-And, I believe you are all good! If your head starts hurting ever, make sure to tell someone near you, or message someone. Preferably me, Xisuma, Joe, Tango, or Impulse." Stress told him as she backed away.

"Got it!" Zedaph nodded. He slipped off the bed, taking a moment to make sure he wasn't just going to fall over. "Thank you..." He dipped his head slightly.

"No problem, it's nothing, luv." Stress gave a small smile, "Just be careful, 'kay?"

"Of course!"

Zedaph made his way out of the room, figuring out this way out of the building. He saw Tango and Impulse, so he ran over to them. "Tango! Impulse!" Zedaph hugged onto Tango from behind, his arms wrapping around the boy's shoulders.

"Hey Zed!" Tango smiled, "Everything good? You're fine to go home, I take it?"

"Yep. Stress told me that if my head starts hurting again, I should tell someone, but right now I'm all good!"

Impulse gave a smile, "That's good. Shall we bring you home then?"

Zedaph nodded quickly.

Zedaph sighed, falling onto his bed. It was comfy, though the thought that he could just wake up on the 'wrong side' scared him a bit. Impulse and Tango said bye once again. Zed was left alone once again.

This time, he had an idea. Look through his base to see if anything would bring back memories. He stood up again, and started going through every chest in sight. Most had junk in them. Some had random resources. Nothing very good. He noticed a certain chest that seemed different though. It looked like it was made of obsidian, with a golden latch, and an odd green eye on it. If Zed was being honest, he was scared to open it. Maybe other people would know what it is?

[ZedaphPlays] There is a weird obsidian looking chest with an eye on it

[ZedaphPlays] Is it dangerous?

[ZedaphPlays] What is it?

[XisumaVoid] That's an ender chest. It's perfectly safe. It is basically storage that only you can see and acess

[Joehillssays] *access

[ZombieCleo] Joe, shush stop correcting people

[Joehillssays] you missed a comma

[ZombieCleo] I WILL COME FOR YOUR HEAD

[Joehillssays] sorry, understood

[XisumaVoid] anyways, back to way I was saying, Zed. It's storage only you can access. Every ender chest anywhere connects to this storage, so you can access the stuff anywhere if you carry an ender chest with you

[ZedaphPlays] alright, sounds good

[ZedaphPlays] Thanks

The goat hybrid looked at the odd chest for a moment, before finally opening it. It had a half broken elytra, 2 diamonds, a red shulker box, and a book. Not much... Zedaph curiously pulled out the shulker box, and box. He looked over the odd textured box. He had seen a few of the other hermits carrying them around, and saw someone open one upwards, so he kinda knew what they were. He pulled at the top, jumping back as it spun up, falling back down once his hands left it. He more cautiously opened it this time, fascinated as it did it's weird spinning movement. He looked in the box. Redstone. It seemed to be an extra redstone box.

Zedaph sighed, putting the box away. It wasn't as if he really understood redstone at this point. Maybe someday he would remember. Next, he checked the book. Opening it to the first page, he saw his own writing.

'Zedaph's Invention Book!'

Zed quickly flipped through pages, seeing small notes paired with messy, but gorgeous sketches. Did he really come up with all these ideas? He noticed a few that had already been created, like the com-brew-ter, and bulky bubbler.

His eyes fell over one, as he stopped at the page. It was much messy than other pages, with what looked to be layered erased sketches that still were barely visible, but together made it just a mess. The pages were thin from all the erasing. No non-erased sketches still remained, with scribbled words that seemed more like something that you would write in a diary.

'AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH How are they so hot!? I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING THAT WOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR THEM! Why, just why are they so amazing!? No ideas are something good enough for them. I need everything perfect if I'm going to say something! THIS IS SO STUPID! LOVE IS SO HARD'

The words were messy, overlapping the erased sketches, but still readable. Zedaph stopped on that page for a long time, thinking about what that meant. Had he had a crush..?

It seemed insignificant, but it weighed on Zed's mind. If he had liked someone, he would probably never tell them. Maybe those feelings were still there, but he hadn't realized? How did memory loss work with those types of things?

He placed the book back in the ender chest, hoping that would get his mind off it. Of course it wouldn't...

The blonde wandered back towards his bed. Would sleep get it out of his head? Maybe...

(802 words)