Chapter 9 - Old Texts

My first chapter since I'm back! Well, it's the day I got back. It's a bit short, but I hope it's still alright!

Enjoy!

-----------

A thump could be heard as Zedaph fell to the ground. He let out of an annoyed groan, pushing himself from the ground. Dusting off a bit, he glanced around the cave.

That didn't take his mind off it...

He had gotten plenty of sleep, but it was still stuck in his mind.

Who did he have a crush on before?

He needed a distraction. Taking out his communicator, he glanced over the names. The first to come to very was in group chat sections. Team Zit. So, he had an idea...

Why not scroll back in his messages with people? It would give him a good idea of what it was all like before!

The most recent messages were Tango and Impulse asking where he was, and apologizing. He scrolled, finding talk of redstone, and hanging out. He scrolled past some of it without paying much attention.

He paused at some words.

2020/9/19

[TangoTek] I've prepared something

[ImpulseSV] Ooooohhhhh, what would that be?

[TangoTek] You'll have to figure that out. I'll send coords

[ZedaphPlays] Is it a scavenger hunt?

[TangoTek] No. It's something better. Trust me

[ZedaphPlays] Should I really trust you?

[TangoTek] You trust me enough to date me.

[ZedaphPlays] Good point

[ZedaphPlays] i love you but just send the coords already

"I.. I thought Tango was dating Impulse..." Zedaph mumbled to himself, "No- no, I must be just misunderstanding this. The date comment must be a joke, and I must be saying that in a platonic sense..."

Zedaph tried to justify it in his head. Should he just ask Tango and Impulse? God, would that conversion be awkward...

He shook his head. Maybe just try to find out more things about other people? Who would be good to start with?

He scrolled through random chats. It didn't focus on which he clicked. Just scrolling, seeing what messages he could see.

2020/10/13

[XisumaVoid] Zed, are you doing okay?

[XisumaVoid] I haven't seen you out much

[XisumaVoid] Are you remembering to take care of yourself

[ZedaphPlays] X, im fine

[ZedaphPlays] Just don't want to get wrapped up in any of the war going on

[ZedaphPlays] Would prefer to stay out of it

[XisumaVoid] theres something else

[XisumaVoid] am I right?

[ZedaphPlays] Maybe...

[ZedaphPlays] X, i'm doing fine!!!

[XisumaVoid] Is it Tango and Impulse?

[ZedaphPlays] I don't want to talk about it...

[XisumaVoid] I'm coming over

He glanced over the messages... Did Xisuma care a lot for him? Were they close? A long sigh was released, slumping against the wall.

Maybe he should just try to enjoy himself for a day..?

Maybe stop focusing on the past?

Let himself be free. A new feeling. Probably not a new feeling for the Zedaph before.

Still him, but... but different?

"What am I supposed to do..? Should I make an effort to remember, or just try to form new relationships... Why am I talking to myself!?"

(443 words)