Chapter 11 - Crystals

"Welcome to the Toon Towers!" Tango smiled as Zedaph looked around fascinated. "This is so cool!!!" Zed seemed to have the same excitement as a kid.

"Impulse, do you have a base this cool!?" Zedaph asked the imp hybrid.

Impulse chuckled, "I sure do. Y'know that one in the water that you could slightly see in the distance when flying over here?"

"Not the one we flew over?"

"Nope, that one's Jevin's. The white, one with blue and pink accents."

"Woah!" Zedaph turned back to Tango, "How cool are all these bases!? How do people make things like this?"

"A lot of materials and time." Tango mentioned, "Insane amounts of work goes into people's bases. Like you know your cave of contraptions? You dug out that entire cave by hand, well, with a pickaxe but still."

"Woah...." Zedaph smiled widely, before mentioning, "W-well, let's head inside!"

"I'm tired..." Zedaph mumbled, flopping down onto the couch between Tango and Impulse. "Well, we can just rest." Tango smiled, "And cuddle- If you want..?"

"S-sure!"

It was quite silent, the main sound heard being soft breathing. Tango had his arms around the goat hybrid's waist, his head resting in the crook of Zed's neck. Zed was leaning into Impulse, who had his arms around the two of them.

It just felt so... right?

Zedaph didn't know how to describe it, but it felt normal. It felt like they had cuddled, and hung out like this thousands of times, but Zedaph couldn't remember any of them. They probably had cuddled and hung out like that thousands of times!

His head started to sting again, but he tried to ignore it. Sleep would help... Mhm, sleep would help. Or he would pass out, but since he was sitting down anyways, it would be fine.

Zed closed his eyes, ready to let sleep take him. It did...

"Zed! You tricked me, you sneaky little thing!"

"That I did!"

"Tango, don't blame Zedaph. I think you were pretty willing."

"He still tricked me into not getting work done! All I did was cuddle him..."

"I think you enjoyed it~"

"Awww, Tango, how can you get upset at that cute face?"

"Good point..."

"Wah- I'm not cute!"

"The crystal caves are looking pretty good if I do say so myself! Plus, they're Tango proof."

"Excuse me- Am I that much of a bother?"

"No- no, I didn't mean it like that!"

"Zed, it's fine, I was joking around!"

His eyes blinked open, groaning as light flooded them. It was so bright... A voice could be heard, a familiar one. "Morning, Zed!"

The goat hybrid leaned up, rubbing his eyes with a small yawn, before glancing to the grinning imp. "M-morning!" Zedaph paused, before quickly asking, "What's the crystal caves?"

Impulse paused, blinking a few times, before questioning, "Are you... are you remember things?"

"Maybe? I heard voices again in my sleep..." Zedaph mumbled, before adding, "Now answer the question!"

"The crystal caves was your base in season 5."

"Wow! Also- what does Tango proof mean?"

Impulse burst out laughing, a certain phoenix poking his end around a corner to glare at the two of them. "You liked to test your base defence on me. Aka, skeleton turrets." Tango told him. Impulse was still chuckling, as Zedaph mentioned.

"That seems really mean!"

"Eh- don't worry about it. It's a fun thing you do, I'm fine with it." Tango brushed it off, before also adding, "Also, breakfast is ready so get in here, you two!"

(550 words)