Chapter 19

Lizzie didn't really need to check in with her dad after school, she just thought it would be a good idea to see him before. She walked down to her dad's bakery and was surprised to see it was closed. She saw her dad still inside and went in. "Hey Dad, why is the bakery closed?" He startled and turned to her. "I just thought it would be a good idea to close early. I'm going to go see Carson." Lizzie nodded and turned to leave. "So, are you and Emma a thing now?" He asked not super subtle. Lizzie blushed at the thought of him walking in on them. She also remembered she was wearing her hoodie. "I th-think so." He nodded and she left.

Liam was standing outside of the library pacing. He was waiting for Lizzie to show up. What if she forgot. Or she decided I am not good enough for her. What if Emma got to her first? His thoughts were running through his head and the thought of Emma got him very angry. Lizzie is the first thing in his life he had to actually work for. Since he is the governor's son, everything he has ever wanted has been served to him on a silver platter. He could make Lizzie so much happier than Emma ever could. He stopped pacing and sat down on a bench. No, she is just talking to her dad. Stop worrying Liam. He sighed. Who was he fooling? She liked Emma not him. Then an idea came to him. What if I kill her? Then Lizzie would be all mine. He smiled to himself at the idea. Lizzie was approaching and he stood up to greet her. She smiled slightly. A guarded smile. He frowned at the sight. "What is wrong?" He asked. She shook her head. "Nothing... Just family stuff." He gestured to the library. "Shall we?" She laughed and nodded. She walked in front and into the building. She went straight to the drawing books. He just followed her, loving being in her presence. He could live like this forever. She opened a book and sat down. She patted the spot next to her and opened the book to a page she clearly knew by heart. "This is my favorite book here. It is how I learned anatomy. It taught me how to use dimension." He smiled at her enthusiastic words. She rambled on for a while and he just sat and listened. She randomly stopped talking and looked at her phone. It was a message from Emma. He frowned deeply. She, unfortunately for him, saw the look and smiled. That was a reaction she was looking for. "What is up with you and Emma?" She asked timidly. He looked away from the phone and to her. "Oh, it's nothing." He lied. He cringed at the thought of lying to her, but he had too. She frowned. "It is clearly something. You guys have been dancing around each other. Almost trying to get on each other's nerves." He looked away from her. She was beginning to get on his nerves. "Lizzie, please drop it." She shook her head. "No can do. I need to know what's going on. You guys are my friends." He shook his head. "Yeah friends. Not like I want more." He said this with spite in his voice that shook Lizzie to her core. Noticing his mistake he quickly tried to apologize. "I'm sorry." She stood up put the book back and ran out all before he could get a word out. He cursed himself. Liam you idiot! "Lizzie! Wait." He ran after but she was surprisingly fast for her size. He still caught up with her easily enough. He grabbed her arm and spun her into him. "Lizzie, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to let my anger get the best of me. Can you forgive me?" She wouldn't look him in his eyes and he was getting frustrated again. He tried to calm his anger down and took a deep breath. She shook her head and tried to break out of his grasp. His hands didn't even loosen a little. She had a single tear making its way down her face as she struggled to get out of his arms. "P-please let me g-go." He startled at the pain in her voice. She took his momentary hesitation and broke free. She ran away and disappeared into the crowd. He was still frozen when his mind started to think again. She sounded so wounded. Did I cause that? I know what I need to do now. I will get her. I will do whatever it takes to do so. He took out his phone and typed in a number he knew by heart but didn't dare enter into his contacts. "Hello, yes, Mason I have a job for you."

Thank you for reading this shorter part. I hope you enjoyed and vote.