Chapter 14

Her face fell. Harlow. She went after her dad because of their HIGHSCHOOL RIVALRY. Emma shook her head. "This is a new low. Even for her." A flame ignited in Lizzie's chest and it grew until it almost completely consumed her. Tears were prickling the edges of her eyes and she quickly blinked them away. She went over to where Emma was sitting and curled up with her head on her stomach. She felt Emma tense momentarily before relaxing into the couch. Emma put a hand on the top of Lizzie's head and smiled before starting to comfort her. "It's alright. I'll deal with this. Harlow is strong, but I am stronger."

The school let Lizzie stay home from school but made Emma come back. It was fine for her though. She needed to put Harlow in her place once and for all. She marched right up to Harlow's locker and waited. She was always late for school so she knew she hadn't missed her. A moment later she saw Harlow rounding the corner talking to one of her friends. Her face darkened and her eyes lit up when she saw Emma standing by her locker. She knew why she was there, but she hoped she could persuade her to another cause. "Hey Emma~" she said flirtatiously. Emma rolled her eyes. "I know what you and your family did to Lizzie's dad." She said this in a dark voice that just barely scratched the surface of how livid she was. Harlow just batted her eyelashes and acted as if she hadn't said anything. "Are you ready to get with a real lady now? I could please you more than she ever could." She said in a low voice that gave Emma goosebumps for all the wrong reasons. "You know I've never been able to return your feelings Harlow. Now more than ever. I like Lizzie now, and I know you tried putting her on our hitlist this week." Harlow's demeanor fell slightly but she recovered. "Maybe this will change your mind." She leaned in and smashed their lips together making Emma cry out in surprise. But her surprise quickly turned to outrage. She pulled back putting as much distance between the two of them as possible. Harlow's friend laughed while looking at her phone. "Got it." She said smirking. Harlow turned and looked at the phone. "Perfect. Make sure you edit it before posting. Got to make it look realistic." She smiled. "H-Harlow, what did you do?" She turned her head towards Emma and laughed. "Oh honey, you haven't figured it out. I love you, and I will do anything to make you mine. Anything." Seeing Emma's reaction made her face break into a broad smile. "She is going to post a picture of us making out in the hallways and post it for everyone to see. Even Lizzie." She walked away feeling satisfied and completely giddy at having kissed her crush. Emma sank to the floor defeated. She hoped with all her heart that Lizzie would never see it. That things would be the same as earlier that week when they went on the date. 

Lizzie was just reluctantly scrolling through facebook when she saw someone just posted. The color drained from her face. In the picture before her lay the worst thing she had ever seen. A picture of Emma and Harlow making out. It left her shocked, hurt even. She didn't know if Emma had just payed her or if she just imagined that she and Emma would ever be together. No tears came like she thought they would, but what did happen was she went to the messaging app and started texting Emma.

Emma

Lizzie  : What is this?
Lizzie : 

 : EmmaLizzie, i am sooooo sorry : Emma

... : Emma
Lizzie, i am sooooo sorry : Emma

Lizzie : Just save it.
Lizzie : Please just dont talk to me

Emma had tears in her eyes. She had to get to class though so she wiped them and went to class.

Lizzie was dying inside. Two times in one day. That has to be a record for times heart was broken in one day. She sighed. Nothing ever changed.

I hope you enjoyed. Please don't hesitate to tell me your thoughts in the comments. Please stand by for the next one.