Chapter 11

After school Lizzie decided she would go to the art store. Her sketchbook was almost filled. When she got to the store, she went right to the sketchbook section. She was looking through all of the different sizes and brands when she realized that the shop was starting to fill up at a rapid rate. She noticed that they were the people from her homeroom. "My parents said you could dye my hair." "Mine too." Soon she was surrounded and couldn't get away. "Listen, I will dye your hair but I need you to buy the dye. I can do full head for $11 and tips or half for $8." All the kids started taking notes and they started to disband. "If you bring it to school tomorrow I can do it during lunch." They all nodded and left. She sighed and went over to the pencil section. In the end she bought a Master's Touch sketchbook, graphite pencils, and paint markers. She started on her way home, passing all of the stores during the time they were most busy. She remembered she had head phones and put them on. She put on her favorite playlist and continued home.

After Emma had gotten home she went up to shower. She started to undress and caught herself in the mirror and insantly cringed away. Her full upper body was covered in the pale scars from years of training. She took her shower and quickly got back into her clothes. She had to lead a meeting today. She made her way down to her basement and put on her impassible face. She walked in to find everyone already in an argument. She snapped and the room fell silent. She was respected, feared. "Alright, what are you amatuers going on about?" Her right hand spoke up first. "We were talking about whether or not to subdue on of Derrick's mafia members." She looked at his picture and file. There wasn't much to it, it was that way for all mafia. "Proceed with caution. If he is in a mafia we know he has to be prepared for anything." They nodded. "Is there anything else?" She asked in a dominant tone. "One. We have been asked to take out a girl." She looked up from the file. "Who is she?" Her member, Aria, set down a file hesitating slightly. On the outside Emma was stoic, but on the inside, she was raging. She picked up the file and slowly opened it. There, right in front of her, was everything ever known about Lizzie Taylor. She scanned the paged and snorted. "Reject the offer." Her right hand, Leo, started to interject. "No. We are not doing her. No matter how much the person payed. Oh, and if I catch anyone going after her, I will have your head." She then scanned the faces. "Am I clear?" They all nodded. One person in particular was enraged by her proclamation. He grumbled to himself and nodded with everyone else, it was forced of coarse, but he would never let it show. "Good. Is there anything else, or can it wait?" Leo looked at everyone before shaking his head. She nodded and walked back up to her house. She listened as each one of her and her parent's members scattered through the many tunnels going through the town. She sighed and decided she would go to bed. She had had enough of people for the day. She went to her room and settled down on the bed. She fell asleep to the worry that one of the members would go after Lizzie.

Lizzie got home and instantly knew something was up. She heard both of her dads home from their work. Her papa was supposed to be out of town until nine, and her dad was supposed to be at the bakery. She walked to the kitchen and smiled at the sight before her. Her dads had made a beautiful meal consisting of honey roasted duck, garlicy mashed potatoes, and milky bread. She walked to the table where her dads were sitting. They had expressions on their face that revealed that they were panicking but didn't want to show it. "Lizzie please sit down." Lizzie nervouly took a seat and focused on her dads' faces. "What is wrong?" She asked in a small, meek voice. "Honey, we have been contacted by someone saying that you may be on the hit list of a mafia." Her dad had tears welling up in his eyes and she was growing paler and paler by the minute. "Ok. Is there anything else?" Her dads looked at each other. "It's Emma's parent's mafia."

Sorry this one was shorter. I was sick today but didn't want to make you wait to long. Thank you for reading and I hope you'll stick around.