6.

I brought rice krispys for Onika today but she wasn't even here first period

I brought rice krispys for Onika today but she wasn't even here first period. I asked Kelly where she was and she just shrugged.

I'll just keep them in my bag until I did see her.

"Bey I need a pencil." Kelly kept poking my side and I slapped her hand away, handing her the pencil that was on my desk.

The twins were just not coming in and Onika still wasn't here. "Is she not coming?" I asked, leaning over my desk so Ranaii could see me speaking to her.

She shrugged, "I don't know but either way, she's mad at you."

"At me? What did I do?"

Robyn sucked her teeth, "She's probably not even mad at you. Ranaii asked her how come she didn't take the snacks you were trying to give her and Onika said because she hated you but she says that about any of us when she's mad."

Slowly, I nodded. "Oh. Well can't you just text her?"

Kelly looked at me and rolled her eyes. "You're making it harder and harder to believe you don't like this girl."

"I'm just asking because usually she comes before y'all even do." I said, crossing my arms. "Y'all are annoying, I never even said anything about liking her, because I don't."

Robyn giggled lowly and touched my shoulder, "It's ok Bey. I know sometimes it can be hard to convince people of a lie, but you're doing great."

"Whatever." I muttered. "Onika is way too close with that Oscar boy anyway for me to even think about liking her."

Ranaii gasped, "Oh my god! That's why you were mad at her the other day!? You were jealous?"

Her twin snickered and I rolled my eyes as Kelly nodded her head.

"I thought we been knew this?" Robyn spoke up.

I just waved my hand in the air, dismissing them all. "Y'all are loud and wrong."

The bell had finally rung and I decided I'd actually wait for Kelly and Ranaii, since they were in my 2nd period.

As we walked, Robyn went upstairs while we went to the other wing. They kept teasing about Onika and it was starting to irritate me.

"This is why I shouldn't never waited for y'all bitches." I muttered, stuffing my AirPods in and speeding up, knowing they were most likely laughing at how mad I was.

Most of the day was boring. I didn't see Onika at gym but I saw her friend that she loved oh so much. She must not be here.

After school, I met up with Kelly. Her mom was running late so Robyn offered to take us. She didn't trust the school parking lot at all, but her aunt lived down the block from the school, so she parked her car there every day.

"So, I'm guessing Onika didn't come today?" Ever since i met her, she has been riding home with Robyn.

"Nah, she's right there." She pointed and Onika was way ahead of us. Of course, she was with that boy, under his musty ass arm.