17

Onika and Solange wore me out, all damn day

Onika and Solange wore me out, all damn day. Taking them to Dave and Buster's could've been the worst thing I could've ever done with them. They were both hyper as hell and full of sugar.

It was time to go and they both didn't want to hear it. Solange had a huge frown on her face while Onika had tears threatening to fall from her eyes as we walked to the car.

"Daddy please!"

I pointed to the car, ignoring whatever they had to say. "It's past 8 and we all have school tomorrow. Get in the car now."

Onika started crying and I rolled my eyes, taking a step towards her. I didn't get close before she was rushing to the car. She sat in the back seat with Solo and I waved them off.

I wasn't offended, they can kiss my ass.

During the ride, Onika was still crying and Solange was trying to comfort her. "It's okay Nika, we can play with Bobby at home."

"She has to go home tonight," Her mother's rules, not mine.

Onika cried louder, "I don't wanna gooo!"

"You don't have a choice."

I wasn't going to feed into her tantrum. She already knew we'd have to leave Dave and Busters eventually and she already knew her mother wanted her home, tonight.

She kept crying and at some point, Solange put her airpods in.

"Nika," I made eye contact with her teary eyes through the front mirror. "Be quiet mama."

She sniffled, throwing her head back and it genuinely made me giggle. "Stop being dramatic!"

"Daddy I go with you!" She kicked the back of the passenger seat and I quickly reached back, slapping her thigh.

"Sit still!" I yelled at her.

"OWWW"

I could see Solange side-eye us from the corner of my eye but she didn't say anything so I just ignored her.

"Be quiet!"

She quickly tried to quiet her cries and more tears came falling bad as she started to hiccup. I felt bad for popping her, but she's so damn bad, sometimes I have to.

The ride was forty minutes long and the traffic was horrible. Almost 30 minutes into the ride the baby cried herself to sleep.

I just shook my head while Solange slowly took out her airpods. "Jesus Christ, that girl can cry."

"Right." I chuckled, "She was just cranky. I knew she'd be sleepy."

"You should just let her spend the night with us. Momma washed all of our uniforms this morning."

"It's not me. Her mom."

"Call her or something."

I did have her number now, luckily. Sometimes when I really need help dealing with Onika, I have to send her a quick text.