XXII

ERIN

I'm having breakfast with my mom today. I haven't seen her since Christmas, so I'm really excited to talk to her. I like to tell her about the tour whenever I call home, but I decided to wait and tell her about John in person. It doesn't feel like something I should tell her over a phone call. I think I made the right decision. I guess we'll have to see, though.

Before I leave the house to pick her up, I decide to call John up and see if he's alright now. The dial tone begins to ring and cuts off after the third.

"Hello?"

"Hi!" I say into the phone.

"Oh, hey. Finally woke up?" he giggles.

"For your information, it's only nine," I say, rolling my eyes. These timezones will start to screw me up sooner or later. "Anyways— how are you?"

"I'm a lot better since the last time we talked," he answers calmly. "I'm sober. Don't worry."

I let out a breath of relief. "Good. Keep it that way."

"I'll try," he laughs.

"What did you end up doing last night?" I ask.

"I went out with Andy for a bit," he tells. "We went to a local club."

"Was it fun?"

"Not really. I thought I could've calmed down a bit but it stressed me out more than anything," he admits.

"What happened?"

"Lots of girls. Needy girls, if you're picking up what I'm putting down," he implies.

"Ohhh," I say with a slow nod. "I see."

"Don't stress about it. Please. I didn't make a single move on any of them— Andy can attest to this." He sounds sincere, and I do trust him.

"I won't. I believe you," I say coolly. "I don't mind that you go out. I just want you to be careful, is all."

"Got it," he giggles. "I'll keep that in mind."

"Well," I say, looking down at my watch, "I really should be going. I don't want to keep my mom waiting."

"Go ahead. I'll talk to you soon, alright?"

"Mhm."

"Have fun!"

"I will," I giggle. "Bye!" I hang up the phone and make my way to the door. I step out of the house and walk over to the car.

I hop in and drive to my house. It's a little bit of a drive outside the city, which is why I never got the time when we'd stopped in LA on the tour. Not only was I far too busy, but I wouldn't have been able to get myself there alone.

I beep the horn and step outside of the car. Leaning up against the side, I wait for my mom to walk out. Shortly after, she comes out and runs up to me, giving me a tight squeeze before letting me go.

"Hi, sweetie!" she says happily as she pulls away.

"Hi, Mom," I smile. "How've you been?"

"Great. And how have you been?" she questions back. A large smile is plastered on her face.

"I've been great. Everything's great— why don't you get in?" I laugh. "I'll tell you everything when we get there."

"Alright," she agrees and walks around the front to step inside the car. "I guess I can wait!"

The two of us talk as I drive us to the corner breakfast restaurant near us. We used to go there tons when I was a kid. Once we're sat and we've gotten our food, I begin to fill her in on the tour.