Aurora P.O.V

February 2020
Atlanta, Georgia

"I can't wait for this shift to be over

"I can't wait for this shift to be over." I say to Sabrina.

" I say to Sabrina

"Aww my poor baby." She says pinching my cheek.

"It wouldn't be so bad if you were here with me." I say to her.

"I know but this was the only day I could do the cake tasting for the wedding." She says to me.

"I know just make sure you bring me back some cake." I tell her.

"That's if I don't get arrested for killing my step sister. I really should've made you my maid of honor instead of her but my mom wouldn't shut up about it." She says throwing her hands up in frustration.

"Yea no thanks, I learned a long time ago not to get mixed into family drama but I'm only one call away if you need me." I say to her grabbing a patient's file.

"Another reason why you would make a great maid of honor." She says to me.

"Sorry not happening." I say to her.

She goes to say something else when Dr. Monroe walks up to us.

"Hello Nurse Santiago." He says to her.

"Hi Dr.Monroe." She says lookin at me curiously.

"Hi, Nurse Pierce. Can I talk to you for a minute alone?" He ask me.

"I need to go anyway, I'll text you later Aurora." She says gathering her things.

We walk over to a empty space and he looks guilty.

"I just wanted to apologize, I didn't know that you were already involved with someone when I asked you out." He says to me.

"Wait, when did you ask me out?" I ask him confused.

"When you agreed to help with Mrs. Jones. I thought it never happened cause I got swamped with surgeries and you were swamped with patients but now I know it's because you're engaged." He says to me.