Aurora P.O.V

February 2020
Atlanta, Georgia

February 2020Atlanta, Georgia

I wake up and sit up in bed. I grab my phone and see that I have a lot of missed calls and text messages from Omari. I roll my eyes and put the phone back on my night stand then get up and head to the bathroom.

After a relaxing fifteen minute shower I get dressed and head to the kitchen just in time to see Brooklyn walk into my apartment.

"That key is for emergencies." I say to her while walking inside the kitchen.

"This is an emergency." She says closing the door.

"What is it?" I say looking at her.

"First eat some breakfast, I got you some French toast, sausages and sunny side up eggs from Denny's." She says handing me the bag.

I grab the bag while keeping my eyes on her.

"Your ass bought me food so I know you need my help with something." I say to her taking the food out of the bag.

"Ya aunt wants me to come and have lunch wit her." Brooklyn says sitting down at the breakfast bar.

"My aunt as in your mother meaning the woman that birthed and raised you. Come on B you should be able to stay with her alone." I say eating my food.

"I can't I've tried, she always wants more. It's like nothin I do is ever enough for her." She says seriously.

"Have you tried talking to her about it?" I ask her.

"No, I can never get a word in wit out her having a comeback." She says.

"Y'all need to talk seriously." I say to her.

"I know but enough about me what you been up to?" She ask getting a fork.

"Dealing with Omari ass." I say rolling my eyes."

"Speakin of my brother where his ass at?, y'all usually glued at da hip." She says lookin around.

"He's at home." I say going to the cabinet.