CH 9- Couldnt care less

It had been about a few weeks since the training night between Pedri and I.
We didn't speak since. I refused to even look at him.

In that time, we had two games, the first which we lost, and the second we drew. At least it was progress from the first to the second match.

Today was a Sunday, and Carmen and I had the day off. We decided to go to the mall and have a shopping day.

My whole life, I felt as though I was missing one person. I had friends, lots of them and close ones too back home, but Carmen was different. She felt more like my soulmate best friend, the one person I could really trust with my entire life. I could feel that she thought the same about me.

We were in Sephora, filling up our baskets with makeup and skincare when Carmen nudged me. "Oh my god", she murmured and looked down.
"What? What's going on?" I looked around.
"Over there." she said and tilted her head.
I looked over.

Oh shit.

It was Pedri, with a girl.

"Let's go Carm", I said holding her hand "I don't wanna see him". We walked to the next aisle.
"Y/N! Do you even know who he's with?" She hissed.
"I don't, but also I don't care about him or anyone he's with." I said, swatching an eyeshadow color on the back of my hand.
"It's his ex! Tania, I think her name is."
"Oh", I said raising my eyes. It was strange that he was with his ex... "Wait...that's the ex which they had a bad breakup with?" I remembered.
"Yes!" Carmen replied. "That's so weird right?"
"I guess." I shrugged. I didn't really care.
"I wonder what happened between them." Carmen said.

To be honest, I couldn't care less what he does, or did, or anything that happened to him.

After we paid for our products, we began walking out of the store, when we bumped into Pedri and the girl.
"Oh. Hi", he said, looking at Carmen and I.
"Hello" Carmen replied, giving a small smile.
"Hi", I said blankly.
"Uh, this is Tania. Tania, these girls are assistants at our club." He said.
"Hi, nice to meet you both", she said smiling.
"Nice to meet you too," Carmen and I said at the same time.
"Anyways... we better go", Pedri said awkwardly.

We said bye, and as we walked out, Carmen asked me "You good?"
"Yeah," I said to her smiling, "Why wouldn't I be?"
"Ok good, just checking", she said, linking her arms with mine.
The truth was, I actually was good. This just proved that I can be civil with him and avoid him every other time I need to.

We were walking, when we ran into Gavi and Jules.

While it had been a few weeks since the training night, it had also been that long since we saw Gavi. It turned out he had injured his shoulder badly, and the day after Carmen drove him home, he had been given doctors' orders to stay home for a few weeks to heal. During that time, Carmen and he had spoken a little bit via text, but Carmen firmly believed he only sees her as a friend.

I had a feeling that wasn't true. I could feel there was something between them.

"Hey, girls" Jules had a big smile on his face.
"Hey", Gavi also said.
"Hi" Carmen gave a small wave.
"Gavi, how's your shoulder?" I asked.
"Much better thanks Y/N, I'm coming back to training tomorrow". He smiled.
Carmen smiled and looked down; I could tell seeing him made her nervous.
Jules' phone rang, "Sorry guys, just gotta take this call, I'll be quick".

I noticed Gavi looking at Carmen. And Carmen was too shy to notice, looking at the floor.
"So Gavi," I said, "How was your time at home?"
"So good", he said smiling. "But I'm happy to be back, doing what I love".
"Does your shoulder still hurt?" Carmen spoke up, her voice shaking just a little.
"Nope, good as new now", Gavi replied nervously, smiling at her.
I looked back and forth at both of them. There was something in the air between these two.

Jules came back, and we all spoke for a little bit until we had to leave; so, we said goodbye.

I was driving on the way back, and Carmen got a notification.
"Oh my god Y/N!" She exclaimed.
"What!!?" I said.
"Gavi liked my insta story" she smiled.
"Wait babe," I said smiling back. "Before he got injured, I remembered the boys talking about how Gavi never interacts with any girl on social media...."
She didn't say anything. So, I continued.
"The fact that he liked your pic, and that he's hopeless with technology from what I've heard...I think maybe he feels some type of way towards you as well."
"Well, nah", Carmen sighed. "I think I'm overthinking it. It must just be Jules using his phone. Gavi's probably got a million models after him."
"Girl, have you seen yourself? You are a model! You're so pretty and you've got a heart of gold. He would be the luckiest guy ever to have you."
"I love you Y/N." She looked like she had tears in her eyes.
"I mean it Carms. Stop doubting yourself. If he doesn't like you, that would be the biggest loss for him.
Carmen blushed. "I guess we'll see what happens".

I have a good feeling about these two, I thought to myself.