CH 25- Seeing the past

Three days later, and it was our first game in Italy.
The match went well, but the final result was a draw.

That night, Carmen and I decided we would go out for dinner.

We were at a nice restaurant, just talking and laughing away, when all of a sudden, I saw something out of the corner of my eye.
No.
It couldn't be.

I didn't even realize I had stopped talking mid-sentence.
"Y/N.." Carmen said slowly, trying to look over where my gaze fell. "Is everything okay?"
That was when the guy sat down, and his eyes fell on mine.
I couldn't talk, I couldn't get any words out.
"Y/N" I heard Carmen say. "Are you alright? What's going on?"
I looked at her.
"He's here," I said through gritted teeth.
"Who's here?" She asked, looking back.
"Sebastian".
"Oh my god..." She said, worriedly.

I could not believe out of all places; my ex was here.  In Italy.
And I couldn't believe she was here too.
One of my old friends, well ex-friend, after she decided to go for him.
I hated this.
The boy who broke my heart. And my friend who did the same.

I took a deep breath.
"Carmen...I-"
"Do you wanna go? We can leave." She read my mind.
"Yes, please."
"Let's go."

We got up, and paid for our half-eaten meals, then left.

After we walked out, I felt like crying.
I couldn't believe that happened. I was in shock that I saw them.  I couldn't process this.
"Carms Im so sorry, I just couldn't be in there." A tear rolled down my cheek.
"Hey, hey." She said calmly, rubbing her hand on my back. "You don't need to explain. If that was me, I would've felt the same way, and you would've done the same thing by leaving with me. As long as you're okay".

I could feel the tears rushing down now. I started to sob.
"Let it all out baby," Carmen said, wrapping her arms around me.

Carmen let me cry it all out.
I could feel a year of pent-up emotion from seeing my ex and my old friend, and I realized this was the first time I finally released the anger and sadness I was holding on to. I was strong, but this situation had affected me terribly.

We made our way back to our hotel room, and after abandoning half of our meal at the restaurant after I saw my ex, Carmen decided she would run out and grab some food for us.
"I'll come with you," I said, getting ready to put my shoes back on.
"No, you stay my love. Take it easy. I'll be right back". She gave me a quick kiss on the forehead and closed the door as she left.

That girl knew exactly how to make me feel comfortable and safe.

I changed into some comfortable clothes and washed my face.  It was still red, and it looked obvious that I had cried.

A few moments later, I heard a knock at the door.
I figured it was probably Carmen, and she forgot something and came back to get it.
"Coming," I said.

I opened the door and to my surprise...