CH 28- Sunrise

It had been a week since we played the game in which we drew.
Today was now the day of our second match.

I woke up extra early this morning and couldn't fall back asleep.
I decided to go to the beach to watch the sunrise.

I changed out of my pajamas, grabbed my towel, and headed down to the beach.
I laid out my towel on the sand and listened to some voice messages from my dad and sisters back home. My dad told me that Uncle Xavi told him that I was doing really well, and he was proud of his niece.
I sent some messages back, letting them know everything was good on my trip.

After that, I sat there, watching the waves crash, and breathing in the smell of the ocean. It was nice to get some fresh air and relax.
I closed my eyes and the sound of nature eased my mind, when all of a sudden, I heard a voice.

"Hey Y/N".
I looked up.

It was Pedri.
I felt a rush of energy in my chest.

I smiled. "Hey, what are you doing here?"
"I couldn't sleep." He sat down next to me. "I guess I'm nervous about today's match."
"I get that. But I've seen you at training, and you work really hard so keep reminding yourself of that."

A cheeky smile crept up on his face. "You watch me at training?" He teased.
I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't help smiling. "Not like that...don't flatter yourself. All I mean is, it's normal to feel nervous. But don't let that stop you from giving it everything you can."
He looked at me thoughtfully and nodded. "You're right," he said.
"Plus, I have a feeling you'll score soon."
"You think?" He grinned.
"I do."
"How come?"
"I don't know, I just have a feeling. You're a great player."
"Thanks y/n, that means a lot." He gave me a nudge.
"But don't let this go to your head", I joked.
He let out a laugh, nodding.

We sat in silence for a minute, watching the sea in front of us.

"Hey so...how are you feeling after last week? Seeing your ex and all?" He asked. He sounded sincere, and I feel as though recently Pedri and I might consider ourselves 'friends' even. It was a step up from me wanting to strangle him after he irritated me when we first met.

"Im good now. I think I just needed that night to realize how I was feeling, but Im over it now."

I took my ponytail out, because my head was feeling tight, and placed my hair tie down next to me as I brushed my hair out with my fingers.
"Ah yeah", he said, picking up my hair tie, and fiddling around with it. "I understand".
"You went through a similar situation with your ex too.... right?" I asked.
He nodded, still fidgeting with my hair tie.
"Pretty much the exact same situation actually." He said.

Pedri and I talked for a while.

It was a good conversation. I felt as though every time I spoke, Pedri really listened and acknowledged me. And every time he spoke, I felt like I understood him even better. We had a lot in common, and over time, talking to him became more pleasant and enjoyable.

And the more time wespent together, for some weird reason....my heart would beat faster around him...
But that couldn't be right...could it?

I didn't have feelings for Pedri... did I?

After all, it took a lot for me to like someone.
All my life, I had only ever liked a small handful of people. I never had anymeaningless crushes. I've always been confident in myself.

The situation with my ex did break me a little. But I promised myself afterhim, I wouldn't fall for anyone.

And so it worried me to think I liked anyone.....let alone Pedri.
The guy who was once my enemy.

Surely Im just overthinking......

Right...?