CH 46- New Beginnings

Back to Y/N's POV!

It was now a month later, and I was slowly healing.
Everything I had been through with Pedri was over, and despite me working for the same club he plays for, we were now complete strangers to each other.

Today was a match against Atletico.

Carmen, Mikky, Sira, and I were making our way to our seats when I bumped into someone.
I wasn't looking where I was going.
"Oh sorry-" I started to say.

I looked up, and wow.
This guy was really cute.
He was tall and had fluffy brown hair.

"Don't be. I'm sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." He smiled. "Im Joao by the way. Joao Felix."
"Im Y/N."
"Nice to meet you Y/N."
"You too" I grinned.
"Are you here for today's game?"
"I am. Im with Barca."
"Ah," he beamed. "You see, technically I'm not supposed to be fraternizing with the enemy, but for you, I'll certainly make an exception."

I felt very small butterflies roaming around in my stomach.

I ignored my friends standing behind him. They were giving me all kinds of signals that I should flirt back. They were holding their thumbs up, eyes wide, and smiling. They were gesturing, as if to say 'he's cute, go for it'.

I let out a nervous laugh and realized that my feeling shy around Joao was a good sign. It meant I was right on track of moving on from someone else.

"Well", I said. "I better let you warm up. Even though you're our competition, good luck out there."
A smile emerged on Joao's face.
"Thank you Y/N. I appreciate it."
"I hope you don't score a goal." I joked.
"Oh, I will, trust me. Just for you". He bowed his head.
I laughed. 
He saluted as if to say 'goodbye', and before he walked off, gave me a wink.

I looked at the girls, all with mischievous looks on their faces, smirking. They waited a minute before they started shrieking and being cheerful.

"Oh my god. That was so cute," Mikky said, her eyes sparkling.
"You two would look so good together" Sira added.
"Sis, he was into you. And he's very good-looking." Carmen chimed in.

I laughed, and as we made our way to our seats, the girls were going on and on about how cute Joao and I were.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we sat down, I could see that a few rows in front of us, Isabel, Pedri's girlfriend, and her friends were sitting.

The game started. Lewandowski scored in the first 10 minutes, and it was nearly halftime when Griezmann also kicked a goal.

It was 1-1 at halftime.

The second half started, and it seemed as though it was about to result in a draw when in the last 10 minutes, an Atletico player scored.

It was Joao.

I tried to remain composed, but I let out a small chuckle when he looked at me after his celebration and flashed me a smile.

Even though he was literally supposed to be our rival, the girls exploded in cheers, once they saw he was looking at me.

The match finished, and we lost.
But I didn't feel like we were beaten.
Instead, a part of me felt like I had won, because I could finally see myself getting over Pedri.

As soon as that name entered my mind, my eyes darted to someone, and sure enough, he was looking at me. My smile dropped.

His gaze lingered on me for a few seconds, before I looked back at Joao on the pitch, and a new smile formed on my face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you guys enjoying my story?!?!
I was always going to add a second love interest, and decided to include Joao because this fanfic was originally about him. Joao was the player that got me into football a few months ago, but Pedri has since become my forever favorite. This is a little tribute to Joao, cause he will always have a special place in my heart!!!!