CH 17- Right and Wrong

Back to Y/N's POV.

It had been a few weeks since the party.
I hadn't spoken to Pedri since. I had actually gone back to not even looking at him.
During that time, we had one game, which we won. We were now getting ready to go overseas, to Italy, and training sessions were intense.
Carmen and I had lots of work to do, sorting everyone's documents and preparing for the trip. We were talking and getting our work done when my uncle jogged over to us.

"Y/N, I need you to have another training night with Pedri".
I froze.
Fuck. No.

I turned to Carmen, desperation in my eyes. "Please, can you do it?"
She looked at me sympathetically and squeezed my hand "I can't Im sorry, it's my grandma's birthday tonight."
I closed my eyes. "Oh...that's right. I forgot."
"Ok it's settled," Uncle Xavi said. "Just for a few hours. The last session you trained with him really paid off, and we need all the practice we can get before Italy".

I tried to give a smile.

"Thanks, mi amor", my uncle said. "Carmen, tell your grandma I said happy birthday." He smiled.
"Will do, thanks Xavi". Carmen smiled back.

After my uncle walked away, Carmen looked at me "Are you going to be ok?"
"I don't think so", I said hesitantly. "But I'll try. I gotta be professional, this is our job".
She could tell I was worried and wasn't looking forward to this.

"You haven't spoken to him since the party, have you?" Carmen asked.
"Nope." I shook my head. "And I was hoping that would be the last time ever."
"And you haven't heard from Diego since then, right?"
"No...". I said. "And I blame you-know-who for that."
"Well.... earlier today I heard something. While the guys were warming up, I eavesdropped a little..." Carmen began. I stopped filling in one of the forms and looked at her.
She continued. "A few of the guys were talking about Diego. They were saying how he's a creep, and Ansu was saying that one time he, Ferran, and Pedri walked in on Diego making a girl really uncomfortable. He was touching her, and she was visibly distressed. It was at a party too, and he took her out in the backyard. The guys stopped anything further from happening, but apparently, that's not the only time Diego has done something like this."

I was at a loss for words.
Could something have happened to me?

Oh my god. Pedri was right...

I never wanted to do anything with Diego. We were just having some fun, laughing and talking. He was smooth. And now that I think about it, probably explains how he's able to manipulate girls. I was never going to go further than a kiss, but oh my god.
I felt super uncomfortable. And I think it showed.
"Are you okay my girl?" Carmen gave me a hug.
I nodded and cleared my throat. "I think so. It's just...I think Pedri was right. That night, he was trying to warn me and get me out of there, and I lost it at him. I told him to piss off. I was so mad."
"I mean, you have every right to have said that. At the time you didn't know, and Pedri has constantly been a dick to you. But it's good that he did interrupt you guys when he did. Diego's so gross". She made a disgusted face.

I tried to shake the 'what if' thought out of my head.
What if Pedri hadn't been there?

I snapped back into reality, trying to focus normally.
"Anyways...." I said. "How are you and Gavi going?" I nudged Carmen, smiling.
"Umm... I don't know", she said looking down. "The last time we properly spoke was at the party. Since then, we've texted a little bit, but it's nothing important."
"How does he make you feel?" I asked.
"Well... this is gonna sound cheesy, but he makes my heart beat fast. He's really cute and nice. But I just feel even shyer around him, and I think my nerves take over and I overthink it. I think about all the girls and models chasing after him, and he's probably talking to someone else, or multiple others". She went quiet.
"Carms.... If he's talking to anyone else, he's not the one for you. There are a million other guys that YOU can choose from." I told her. "But I've seen the way he looks at you. Even you don't realize it. When you're not even paying attention, the way he stares at you.... It's definitely something. I've caught him looking heaps of times. Just today, it's gotta be at least 3 times I've seen him looking at you. Plus, he's also really shy around you, which is weird because around me and literally any other human being he's confident and loud and laughing, but suddenly you're there and he's the softest, quietest person".

Carmen blushed and laughed quietly.

I had a feeling something between them would happen soon.
I just know it.