Chapter 7

MARLEY'S POV

When I woke up the next morning, Alek stood in the corner of room bent over, sliding on some basketball shorts. Well that must be a sign today will be good."Ooh muffin, what a nice view." I teased.

"Get dressed then eat breakfast, training starts in ten minutes, but I'll let you slide for being late today." He answered without turning around. "Well someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." I mumbled, walking to the bathroom.

Showers usually take me about 20 minutes, but today I decided to perform. Bad idea. Long story short, I can't dance worth crap, and ended up slipping in the shower and hitting my right thigh on the soap dish. That'll be a bruise.

I sat on the floor of the shower, massaging my bruise for about ten extra minutes, before finally getting out. Walking to my closet, I tried to think of what I would wear. Finally deciding on a black sports bra and spandex shorts, I slipped on running shoes, and went to eat breakfast.

I ate two bowls of Lucky Charms, before making my way to the training field. Everyone was doing one handed pushups, while Alek stood at the front, shirtless might I add, making sure they were doing them right.

"Hey muffin." I smiled, propping my arm on his shoulder. "What took you- hell no. Go put on one of my tshirts." He demanded. "What! Every other girl here is wearing the exact same thing as me." I argued.

Alek sighed, rubbing his forehead with one hand. "Fine, but if anyone stares at you for more than one second, girls included, tell me." "Yes sir. Anyways, do I need to start pushups?" "No, that's a lot of work, wait until we do something easier baby." Alek said, wrapping his arm around me.

"Easier? Really Alek? I need to go through ALL aspects of training, just like everyone else." I complained. "Marley." He growled. "Fine! How about two handed pushups instead?" I reasoned. He looked to be thinking it over. "Ok. but if it's too much just stop, okay baby?" "Yeah yeah sure." I waved my hand back at him, walking away to find a free spot.

Right after my first push up, Alek blew the whistle. "Okay! We're done with pushups! Get a partner to practice defense with!"

I was about to go look for a partner until someone tapped me on the shoulder. "Would you like to be my partner?" A tall, slightly muscled, blonde haired boy asked me. He was kinda cute. "Sure." I smiled.

Alek started yelling again. "Hold both hands up, let your partner warm up by hitting your palms. Each partner will go until I say switch."

"You can go first." I told the boy, holding my hands up for him to hit. "By the way, never got your name."

"Names Asher." He answered, after throwing his first punch at my hand. "What's yours pretty lady?" He smirked. "Marley...you didn't know that?" I answered, confused. Hadn't he been at the ceremony?

"Well I did. I just needed a way to compliment you without being awkward." He smirked. This caused me to blush. "That's enough." A voice I could identify in my sleep growled. "Hey muffin." I turned to smile at him.

"I think you need to go find yourself another partner Asher." Alek growled. "But alpha, there's no one without a partner. "I was partners with Colton, go be his partner." Alek demanded. "Yes sir. Bye Marley, see you later?" He smiled. "Sure Ash." I giggled.

Alek turned to glare at me. "Oh it's Ash now? Why was he flirting with you Marley?" "I don't know muffin. Just calm down. Turn that frown upside down." I reached out to tickle him. Alek tried to hold back a smile. "Ohhh is someone ticklish? Yes he isss." I cooed, still tickling him. Alek laughed pulling me into a hug. "We're going to start actual fighting in about 5 minutes. You can work with me."

I was doing a happy dance on the inside. Getting to do physical contact with muffin's sexy ass. Won-der-ful!

***

"I'm really sorry baby." Alek apologized for the thousandth time. I was seated in his lap, with an icepack pressed against my hurt nose. "You can sit out of training tomorrow."

At first fighting was going well, then Alek turned around to yell at someone, his hands in the air the whole way, one just happened to catch my nose; causing it to bleed.

"I'm not sitting out of training, and I know muffin. It was an accident." I tried to make him feel better. "I'll make it up to you. Anything. What do you want me to do?" He cooed.

I was about to say nothing, but then I thought about it. He felt so bad he was willing to do anything to make me feel better. Who would pass up an opportunity like this? Hm, what do I want?

"A date." I told him. "You want me to take you on a date?" He verified. "Yes, and I want it to be amazing."

"Well then an amazing date is what your gonna get."