Chapter 22

So um 800 votes! Wow thank you guys so much(: I've been busy lately with cheer camp and working out. The book should be finished in the next four or five days!
***

5 Months Later

MARLEY'S POV

I sat on top of the counter playing with my fingers while I waited the five minutes until the test showed if I was positive or negative.

Tanya's been gone for about three weeks now. It's really hard to believe.

She wanted to spend her last four months living to the fullest but her wish wasn't granted.

She got really sick about a month after we went to Hawaii. They kept her in the hospital until the day she left us.

I'm sure it seems like Tanya has a lot of bad luck. But in my opinion she was granted the greatest present of all. Heaven. She deserves it. She was such a great person.

I wanted to say some words for her at her funeral, but I was crying too much. So I wrote what I wanted to say down on a paper, and Alek said it for me.

Ding!

The five minutes were up. I took in a big breath.
Here we go.

The stick only had a symbol showing me my answer.

' + '

***

I walked into Alek's office to see him sitting in front of his computer, typing.

Once he noticed me, he pushed his chair back, opening his arms up for me.

"Hey baby." He mumbled into my hair, after I sat in his lap.

I just sat there biting my lip.

"Everything ok? Is it about Tanya?" Alek asked. "Look Marley she's in a better place-" I shook my head, cutting him off.

At this point, I had tears in my eyes. "Muffin I'm pregnant." I sobbed.

He pulled me into his chest. "Why are you crying? This is great news!"

"I want a baby so bad. I just don't want to get my hopes us like last time." I cried.

"I don't want you thinking about what happened last time. You're going to give us and this pack, a healthy baby. I promise. Don't worry."

I nodded my head, sniffling. "I love you." I sighed. "I love you too, take a nap. When you wake up, we'll go to the doctor to get you checked out. You'll feel better then." Alek said, rubbing my back.

***

"Well Luna the test was correct. You are indeed pregnant." The doctor smiled.

"Nothing's wrong? What can we do to prevent what happened last time?" Alek asked.

The doctor put a sympathetic look on his face. "I understand this will be a very stressful pregnancy for you, because of the last incident. But there's no need to worry, eat healthy, and try to go on walks every other day. Remember you can't shift, or you will kill your baby. So try to keep your anger at a low to prevent that. I also want you to come see me every week just to be on the safe side."

I nodded my head. I would do everything I could to make sure my baby was healthy.

***

"Do you need something before we go to sleep?" Alek asked, walking back into the room.

I shook my head. "Just come lay down."

Alek spooned me from the back, resting his arm protectively around my stomach. This brought a smile to my face.

"What do you want to name him/her?" I asked him.

Alek laughed, "You know I want to name him Mario."

"Hey! You don't know if they will be a boy. I think she'll be a girl. And even if they are a boy, he will NOT be named Mario." I stated.

Alek switched off the lamp, resting his face in my hair. "We'll see."