Chapter 1

MARLEY'S POV
Growing up in my house, I've been taught from a young age that mates are something taken very seriously.
My mother has drilled me constantly about how mates work, bonds and everything else under the sun.

It's bad for me, but even worse for my older sister. Mother expects her to be the mate of an alpha or beta, because she's so pretty.
Me on the other hand will, and I quote, "belong to an everyday wolf." My mother has even told me that my mate will more than likely reject me!
I'm classified as the "normal" daughter. The daughter who shouldn't try to draw so much attention to herself because she's very plain. I think this was my mothers way of telling me to keep my trap shut and head low because I'm unattractive.

This seems really cruel to you, but it's something I've learned to accept over the years.

Now hold on! I haven't accepted the fact that I'm unattractive. Because this is obviously not true. I don't think I'm gorgeous, but if I were a boy, I'd date me.

I'm currently in my room listening to music while my mother drills my older sister, Delilah, about how to sense her mate. Even though she has told Delilah this stuff one billion times before.

Mother has been running amuck rapidly preparing us for tonight.

Tonight we will all go to the pack house for a gathering, or party for our pack along with a neighboring pack, the Crescent Sky's.

My mother is hoping that one of our mates will be there, or more like Delilah's mate.

I don't really care much for finding my mate. It seems like a lot of work and stress that I honestly don't want in my life.

"Marley slip into your dress this instant young lady!" My mother screamed as she ran past my room.

Sighing, I walked to my closet pulling out the the mid-thigh length white strapless dress.

Once I finally got the uncomfortable dress on, I walked to my mirror to curl my long brown hair.

My hair. I adored it so much. It was the only thing I had that was better than Delilah's, and my mother knew it. That's probably why I loved it so much.

I applied light mascara, slipped on nude heels, and ran down the stairs.

ALEK'S POV
Parties. I absolutely hate them, but when you're the alpha you have no choice.

Being an alpha is NOT all it's cracked up to be. I'm stressed almost 24/7. My beta, Colton, tells me it's because I haven't found my mate yet.

Supposedly having my mate will make me feel happier and take the stress off. I don't believe this.

Mates equal weakness, and when you're an alpha, that's a terrible thing to have. It's how my mother was killed. Trying to protect my father, her mate.

I will never regret the decision of taking my fathers life. He basically took my mothers.

She was the only person who understood me. Would listen to me for countless hours, run my mouth about the smallest things. Nurse me when I was down.

And my bitch of a father let her get killed to save his own ass.

As you can probably tell, my father was a weak alpha. He couldn't control the pack, and he often hid out in his office with the door locked and his mind link blocked off to ensure that no one could come to him with their problems.

Word eventually got out that he was a coward. Rogues were out to kill him.

When the rogue attack came, he was hiding in an old tornado cellar underground. My mother of course, wouldn't sell him out to the rogues.

Her life was taken for this. I was only 11 at the time and couldn't do anything about it. I lived with guilt for five years. Me being the loyal son I am did the only thing I thought right, kill that son of a bitch I called father.

Standing in a circle of men who were talking about... Well I honestly don't know and didn't particularly care. I was in my thoughts.

I suddenly smelt the most to die for smell on the universe.

Chocolate and peaches.

Zander, my wolf, was going insane inside my head. He kept mumbling something but the smell had me so enhanced that I couldn't pay attention to him.

I walked towards the scent, desperate to find it. Ignoring the greetings sent my way.

When I found the scent, I saw an older woman with a young woman beside her. Neither of these women intrigued me. My excitement diminished, although I could still smell the delicious scent through my nostrils.

I was confused, the scent had gotten even louder, but I couldn't tell who it was coming from.

Suddenly, a young girl, maybe 5'6 or 5'7 stepped out from behind the older woman.

And let me tell you, I had never seen anyone like her.

She had long mane that I just wanted to sniff constantly until the day I died. Her eyes were light green with tiny specks of yellow in them? I'd never seen eyes so amazing. Her nose was straight and looked to have been crooked at the top.

"MATE!" Zander screamed.

Oh gosh. Mate? My mate? For some reason I was overjoyed. I wanted to cry.

MARLEY'S POV

The man who stood about 10 feet away from us was staring me down. He had short black hair and a mean looking edge to him. He smelled so good, almost like cotton candy and vanilla. I wanted to walk over and touch him. His face. His arms. His legs. His feet. His throat. His stomach. Especially his abs, which showed through his shirt.

My mother was nudging Delilah to go closer to the man.

Delilah shyly walked to the man. Standing in front of him awkwardly because he never glanced at her.

My mother rushed over to get them to talking, but as soon as her mouth opened, he gently nudged my mother out of the way and walked to me.

"Alek." He said.

And bam. My panties were wet.

Who could resist that sexy voice? It was like when he spoke, liquid gold was just pouring out of his mouth.

I just gaped at him for what seemed like a billion years.

Alek reached out and touched my face.

The Sparks were everywhere, his hand was like lava and my body wanted more of it. I wanted his hands and even his whole body all over me.

The pleasure of his hand caressing my face became too much, and that's when I blacked out.