Chapter 6

MARLEY'S POV

"Marley stop." Alek mumbled, trying not to pay me any attention, keeping his eyes glued to his computer.

"Alek! I'm bored." I whined, throwing my head on his chest, wrapping my arms around his neck. I was currently sat on his lap while he took care of, 'alpha stuff,' in his office.

"Marley. I told you, I have serious pack business to take care of right now. I promise that when I'm finished, we'll do anything you want to, okay?" Alek bargained with me. "Pinky promise?" I pouted.

Alek glared at me. "Pinky fucking promise." he growled, obviously annoyed. I stood up out of his lap abruptly. "Find me when you lose the attitude buddy." I spat, stomping out of his office, ignoring his calls of apology behind me.

I decided to head to the kitchen for a snack. Rounding the corner, I heard unfamiliar voices. I decided to eavesdrop. Not because I'm lazy, but because I heard my name come out of one of their mouths. Why are they talking about me?

"...I know man. I just hope we don't have to have a war because of Luna Marley." Voice 1 spoke. "Yeah, I mean, she's our Luna and all, and I'd do anything to protect her, just like the rest of the pack. But I just don't want to have to fight in a life risking war, if it's not absolutely necessary." Voice 2 complained.

War? Because of me? What the hell? Why hasn't Alek told me about this?

ALEK'S POV

Zander has been complaining in my head for the past five minutes, since our mate left. He's angry because I used such a powerful tone with her. But can you blame me? I want to protect her, but she's distracting me from thinking of a plan to protect her. I haven't told her about my father's sneak attack coming anytime soon.

I don't want her to have to worry about that right now. She just became Luna four days ago, she got ripped away from the 2 bitches she calls family. Although, she says she doesn't miss them, and she's glad to be away from that house, I know she misses them. No matter how low they treated her. With all these things going on with her right now, I'm not going to add the stress of the chance of her getting kidnapped and killed because my father wants revenge on me for trying to take him out.

My office door bust open, in the doorway stood a furious Marley. "Look I'm sorry about being rude to you earl-" I started, but was son cut off by Marley's angry screams. "A WAR! A FREAKING WAR ALEK? I GUESS IT WAS NEVER IMPORTANT FOR ME TO KNOW ABOUT A WAR THAT WAS, HM, I DONT KNOW, ABOUT ME!"

I got up and started walking towards her to calm her down. "Okay baby, let me explain..." I muttered, reaching out for her. Her eyes snapped to my slow approaching hands. "Touch me, and I swear, I will cut your tongue out of your mouth." She gritted out.

"Wow, you're really upset." I muttered, retracting my hands. "Yeah, I would think so, there's going to be a war, someone's trying to kill me. No one, not even my mate, decided to tell me. Wouldn't you be upset?" She tried to say angrily, but her voice quivered terribly.

"Come here." I motioned for her to walk into my arms, this time she didn't protest. "Look, just let me explain what's going on, okay?" I whispered. She nodded.

I sat down in my computer chair, pulling her down onto my lap. "It's my father." I muttered. She looked up at me with a confused look on her face, "You told me your parents died."

"I know. just let me explain. My father was a rogue leader. My mother was born into this pack, which was ran by her father. She was going to run the pack on her own, because by the time she was suppose to take the title, she hadn't found her mate yet. My father, heard of this, and came up with a devious plan. He married my mother, just to get the alpha title. He planned on killing off our whole pack, and bringing in his fellow Rogues, to inherit this land, and pack name. He organized a rogue attack. The attack didn't come until I was already 11 years old. Long story short, my mother was killed. But the pack fought off the rest of the rogues, meaning his army wasn't strong enough yet to take over the pack. He came up with another plan that he would set into motion when the time was right. Before he could though, I killed him, for not protecting my mother. Well I thought I did. He escaped to the woods, back to the rogues. I took over the pack at 16."

Marley looked really confused. "You didn't know that your father planned the attack?" She asked. "No. I just found out, a week ago." I sighed.

"This still doesn't explain why there's going to be a war, about me." She said.

"Well, my father wants revenge. He's coming to take you, and kill you, which will weaken me." I told her.

"Alek! What am I going to do? I'm not ready to die! She started looking around frantically, as if my father would jump out and take her right then. "I know. Sh, baby calm down. I'm going to put you through training with the rest of the pack."

"training?" She asked. "Yeah, like fighting, and conditioning, preparing for the attack. But don't worry, you won't have to use any of the skills I teach you. You will just learn them in case something does go wrong. And it's always good for a Luna to be able to protect herself." I explained

"Okay." She mumbled. "When do we start?" "Well, we were going to start next week, when you were ready to take this all in, but since you know now, we'll start tomorrow morning."

***

A/N: I've been getting more and more views which I am so thankful for. If you read and you like it, vote for it! Thanks guys.(:
p.s. expect new chapter tomorrow!