Chapter Six: People like you always want back what they can't have

People like you always want back what they can't have
But I'm past that and you know that
So you should turn back to your rat pack, tell 'em I'm trash

Maniac by Conan Gray

*unedited* (word count:)

Audriana

I may or may not have been snooping through Matteo's stuff. I found pictures, little notes, and a bag of clothes. I'm supposed to be resting but this is more interesting. He dropped me off about two hours ago, but had to run some "errands". I can't feel anything because of the pain pills I have.

"Did you even hear me come in?" Matteo's voice fills my ears. "I could have murdered you and you wouldn't have expected it."

"I wouldn't have felt it," I reply. "Who is this bag for?"

I turn and hold up the bag. He looks at the bag and then at me. I slowly raise an eyebrow as I wait for an answer.

"They were supposed to be a surprise," he replies.

"What are you trying to butter me up for?" I ask.

"A family dinner," he replies.

I slowly stand up and cross my arms over my chest. He slowly approaches me and gently grabs my face. I twitch my eye at him making him faintly laugh.

"What do I get out of it?" I ask.

"Whatever you want," he replies.

I move away from him. He grabs my hands and pulls me back to him. He leans down and kisses me. I slide my hand into his pants but stop short of his dick. He slowly pulls away from me but lets his lips linger against mine.

"Jesus, do you two ever stop kissing?" Gio asks.

I sigh and move away from Matteo. I shake my head and grab the bag before leaving the room. I make my way down to the guest room. I lock the door and pour the contents of the bag out onto the bed. I spread them out and smile to myself.

The red dress is strapless and doesn't look very long. I strip out of my clothes and put the dress on. I turn around and look into the body-length mirror on the door. The dress barely passes my ass and shows off more of my assets than I want. The wound on my leg and chest are on full display. I don't like it but the scars will be there forever.

I pull the dress off and try on the lingerie. I quickly take it off and try on the other dress. It's a little longer than the other one. I peel it off and put my clothes back on. I neatly put the items back into the bag and leave them on the bed.

"I swear to GOD, Gio! If you barge in here without calling or texting first, I'm going to rip your fucking head off!" Matteo yells.

"I'm not used to you having a lady friend!" Gio yells back.

"How about I interrupt you and Grace?!" Matteo yells.

I unlock the door and yank it open. Gio and Matteo look at me. Grace has failed to mention this to me and we have been texting me every day, all day.

"Are you fucking Grace?" I ask.

"I wouldn't say that," Gio murmurs. "We are just friends, I think."

"She's never just friends," I reply.

"MATTEO! I THOUGHT WE WERE GOING TO GO ON A DATE?!" A high-pitched voice yells.

I step out into the hallway and see a skinny bitch with blonde hair. She's much smaller than me and a lot shorter. She is definitely older than me.