Chapter Twenty-Six: Watch the sunrise along the coast

Watch the sunrise along the coast
As we're both getting old
I can't describe what I'm feeling
And all I know is we're going home
So please don't let me go, oh
Don't let me go, oh-oh-oh

Here With Me by d4vd
*unedited* (word count:)

Audriana

The sun shines brightly into the backyard as I watch my dad hang decorations. The happy birthday banner is Bluey themed. We have cardboard cutouts of the characters to take pictures with. The pool is blocked off from my wandering toddlers.

"Where are the triplets?" My dad asks.

"With Matteo and Tripp. They are shopping for extra presents or something," I reply.

Valeria walks into the backyard with Alex right behind her. She holds a large envelope as she cautiously eyes me. She hands me the envelope before looking at my dad.

MR. & MRS. ROSSI

I peel open the envelope and pull out the contents. It's an invitation. The card is black with sparkly, gold trim. The lettering is a matte gold that's not shiny.

SAVE THE DATE

I open the card and see Grace along with Valentino. They look happy together. They're smiling and holding each other. I guess they are getting married in October right before my birthday. I'm surprised I'm invited.

Since that night, I never talked to her again. She never called or even tried to reach out to me. I don't feel the same about her but I also feel the guilt and the longing for the relationship we used to have.

"What's that?" Matteo asks.

"A wedding invitation," I reply. "We got invited to Grace and Valentino's wedding."

"Do you want to go?" Matteo asks.

"I don't know. Ask me in three months," I reply.

I shove the invitation back into the envelope and throw it on the table. I look at Matteo as Meilani slaps him in the face making herself laugh. Matteo closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. I giggle.

Tripp puts the boys in their little play area. Matteo made some guys build a specific little area for the triplets so we wouldn't have to worry about them taking off. They have toys, a sandpit, and a little house to play in.

"Who all is coming?" Matteo asks as he hands me Meilani.

"I think this is it. No one else told me they were coming," I reply. "My dad still has to cook the hamburgers and hotdogs."

"Can we talk in private?" Matteo whispers.

"Here. I will take Meilani," Valeria almost yells. "GIVE ME MY BABY!"

I hand Meilani to Valeria. Meilani showers her with kisses before going over to their playing area. Matteo helps me into the house. We go into the kitchen.

"What do you need to talk about?" I ask.

"Let's have a wedding," he replies. "You can plan it out how you want to and invite whoever you want to."

"Why do you want to have a wedding now? We have been married for a year and a half now," I reply. "Is this because of Grace and Valentino?"

"No. I haven't given you your full princess or queen treatment. I want to stand at the end of the aisle and wait for you. I want to see our kids wearing tuxes and a dress," he replies.

I smile. I don't want to put this stress on myself but we have been so good over the last year. We have sought out therapy and have really changed for the better. I'm healthy again and we haven't run into any obstacles. Knock on wood.