Chapter Seventeen: So I took what's mine by eternal right

So I took what's mine by eternal right
Took your soul out into the night
It may be over but it won't stop there
I am here for you if you'd only care

Goodbye My Lover by James Blunt
*unedited* (word count:)

Audriana

Grace sits quietly on the hospital bed waiting for me to say something. She's totally fine. She lost the baby but she has no feelings toward that. She wants to leave. I don't blame her but they want to make sure she is one hundred percent okay.

"You have a package, Grace," a young guy almost yells as he walks into the room.

He sets the box down on the table furthest away from us. Matteo managed to get her a big suite away from all the other patients. He is too busy trying to figure out where Gio went. He hasn't heard from him in several hours.

"Don't open that," I reply as I stare at the foreign label.

"You are not the boss of me," the guy replies.

He opens the box. A loud boom fills the room as Grace and I are flung up against the wall. Smoke fills the room as the flames from the fire illuminate it. Grace stumbles to her feet before helping me back into my chair. She quickly wheels me out before going down to the elevator. I repeatedly press the button. The doors open up revealing Matteo.

His face is pale and his demeanor becomes frantic. He pulls us inside before the doors close. He presses the ground floor button.

"He has gone AWOL. He isn't going to stop until you are dead," Matteo blurts out. "There is a war brewing and you two are going to be my weakest points."

"What are you talking about? What has Gio done? What war?" I ask.

"Gio decided to put a hit out on Grace. It came across my computer when I was trying to figure out what happened. He doesn't want her alive and will take everyone down with him if that means Grace is dead," he replies.

"The package was meant to kill her," I murmur.

"What package?" Matteo asks.

"The one that was brought to her room. When it was opened it exploded and would have taken us out if we would have been closer," I reply.

"If you're with Grace, you are going to die, but you could die if you aren't with Grace," he replies. "I have to get you two somewhere. He can't know where you two are. I don't have a safe house that you can go to because he knows where all of them are."

I knew what I was getting into when I married him. It hasn't even been a day and people already want me dead. I don't want to have to run for the rest of my life.

"What about this war?" I ask.

"It's been brewing for years. It's coming to a head because I won't give them what they want," he replies.

"What do they want? Why won't you give them what they want?" I ask.

"Don't worry about that," he replies.

The doors open up and Matteo rushes us outside. We get into the black SUV and drive off from the hospital as sirens wail in the background. I look over at Grace as she looks at me.

She's scared. She didn't sign up for this. She doesn't deserve this.

"There is this island that my father bought my mom. It's called Rosisland. I can send you two there for a while. I'm the only one that knows about the island. You two should be safe there," Matteo adds. "You can work from there and still run your business."