Chapter Eight: A dream of you and me together

Candlelight and soul forever
A dream of you and me together
Say you believe it, say you believe it
Free your mind of doubt and danger
Be for real, don't be a stranger
We can achieve it, we can achieve it

2 Become 1 by Spice Girls

*unedited* (word count:)

Audriana

I started therapy a couple days ago. My therapist has been understanding and has gave me coping mechanisms. She doesn't want to medicate me, which is fine. I see her every other day for an hour to an hour and a half. I get escorted to her office by Gio or Matteo. I'm not trusted to be alone. They don't think that I will try to kill myself. They think whoever paid for me to get kidnapped will have it happen again or have me killed.

"Audriana, there is a Matteo here to see you," Valeria murmurs as she sticks her head in.

"Send him in," I reply.

She lets Matteo in before leaving us alone. Matteo's crisp suit fits him tightly today. He looks a little too perfect. He sits in the chair in front of my desk.

"You're early," I mutter as I look down at my phone.

I had to get a new phone and number. I've basically had to change everything. I'm renting an apartment with Valeria and Grace so I don't have to be alone. Our apartment is almost three thousand dollars a month. Valeria and Grace have the bedrooms and I have the couch which is fine with me. I didn't want to bring my bedroom suit here.

"I wanted to talk to you about something," he replies.

"Go on," I murmur as I send Valeria and Grace a text.

"I know who had to you kidnapped," he replies.

I look at him and set my phone down. I sit straight up and push my hair back behind my shoulders. I'm not prepared to hear who it is, but I want to know. I don't want to know when I'm old and about to croak. I want to know now so that I can get over it and move on.

"Who?" I ask.

"Rosa," he replies. "My father knows nothing of it and neither do my sisters. She did this all on her own."

"And you want me to marry you," I reply before scoffing. "Your mom tried to take me out! She has scarred me for the rest of my life! I'm ugly now! She took your fucking eyeball! What would she do if we got married?! What would she do if I got pregnant by you?!"

"I had my choice of words with her and my father," he replies. "I'm sure everyone in the house heard me yelling."

"How did your father react?" I ask calmly.

"He yelled a lot. He's never yelled at my mom," he replies. "He likes you."

"I feel like I can't trust any anymore," I reply. "It's hard even being around people."

"I know I caused this and I blame myself. I should have stayed with you instead of leaving," he replies. "I wish I could go back and change it."

I just stare at him. I know he feels guilty but nothing compares to how I feel about myself. Or how I feel about strangers. I hate that I feel this way. I wish there was a switch that I could just flip and it go away.

"You have a jet right?" I ask.

"I do," he replies. "Why?"

"I want to go home for a little while. Just until I figure out how I want to proceed with my life," I reply. "I was talking to William, my boss, about taking some time off and he agreed. I would work from wherever I decided to go."