Chapter 20

It's been almost a week since the little incident at the cemetery. Ryder had been caring for me though. None of my brothers were back yet and Ryder seemed upset that they weren't at my house.
I got up to take a shower . When I came out I went into my closet. It was getting warm enough where I could wear jeans again, this was the last week of January. I put on a blue and white knitted jumper with dark blue jeans and pulled on my white converse. I put on little plain white studs and put mascara and eyeliner on. I braided my hair in a messy side braid. I grabbed my bag and went downstairs for my keys and Ryder's jacket. I went to my car and drove off. When I got to school I parked next to Ryder's bike which he was waiting for me. I got it and ran into his arms a smile stretched onto his face.
"Hey princess." He kissed the top of my head.
"Hey. What you up to?"
"Waiting for my girlfriend. "
I smiled
"How nice." We walked inside the school together.
"What are you up for tonight?"
"Uh I really don't know, no body's at home."
He stopped walking and looked at me.
"Are you kidding me? Still? "
"Well yeah. I'm used to it. The boys are grown adults and my dad stays at work 24/7."
"It's still not right that you're by yourself almost everyday in a big empty house. You must get lonely baby."
"Yes I do, but what can I do?"
He looked like he was about to say something but he stopped. He just nodded and kissed me real quick and hugged me.
"I'll see you later princess. " He had a determined look. I don't know what's happening but I'm sure he'll tell me at lunch.
***********************
He's not here. He's not in the lunch room. He didn't meet me at my locker like he always does so I figured he'd be in here. But he wasn't. I frowned, where could he be?
I left the lunch room and went to Jackie's locker where she was getting her lunch bag.
"Jacks have you seen Ryder?"
"No why? Isn't he with you?"
"No I can't find him anywhere."
"I don't know why don't you call him." I nodded and looked in my bag for my phone. Where was it!? Why wasn't it here?! I must have left it at home damnit.
"I must have left it on my dresser. "
"Okay let's go get it and then you can call Ryder. "
"Okay." We went out to my car and drove off. I pulled up in front of my house.
"Lets do this fast so I can find him." Jackie nodded and we got out of the car. I opened the door with my key. When the door opened I did not expect to see this. All my brothers were seated on the big couch and my dad was even there sitting on the one seater in the corner. And there in the middle of the family room was my boyfriend who had gone M.I.A for the day.
"What's going on here?" I was seriously confused.
Surprisingly my dad spoke first.
"Well your friend here called all of us here to the house because it was an "emergency" about you."
"Me? I'm fine."
I looked at Ryder.
"No you're not princess." He turned to all of them. I looked behind me and Jackie looked just as confused as I was.
"You guys are never here. It's not right that when Alex comes home that she comes home to an empty house almost every day. And that she wakes up to an empty house again. " He looked at me "Princess tell me to my face that you don't get lonely. That you don't miss your brothers. That you don't miss your dad." I felt tears well in my eyes.
"I can't tell you that because I do."I looked at my dad who had looked at me in a way I couldn't describe. I felt a raw hurt in my heart when I looked at him. It hurt bitterly that he didn't love me anymore. I wasn't his princess, I missed my daddy. No matter how much I didn't want to.
"I hate that you're not here. I hate that you work 24/7 just to avoid me. It hurts me, my heart breaks every time I think about how you hate me now.*sob* that you don't love me anymore. I didn't mean for what happened to mom to happen! I didn't mean I hurt you! I MISS HER TOO! BUT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S. LIKE...EVERYDAY FOR NONE OF YOU TO BE HERE. IT'S YOUR HOUSE TOO BUT I FEEL LIKE IM TH ONLY ONE WHO LIVES HERE*SOB* IF I COULD I WOULD SWITCH PLACES WITH MOM SO YOU'D BE HAPPY! I'm so sorry..." I was breathing hard and I felt like my heart was broken. No body spoke for a minute so I talked again.
"I ruined your lives. You guys don't have lives because of me and I'm sorry."
Ryder moved towards me but I flinched back. I turned and ran I ran and didn't turn back.
"Princess! "
"Lex come back!"
"Alex!" I stopped when the last person called me. That was my dad calling me. I turned around and looked at him. He ran up to me. He had a look of sorrow and guilt on his face.
"Alex I-I'm so sorry honey. I never
meant to hurt you and I 've never hated baby girl. It's just...when your mom died I just had lost a part of my soul. She was the one I loved, but that doesn't mean I should've just ignored you guys. Especially you Alex, you're my little girl and you'll always be no matter what. I do love you. I never stopped. I'm sorry Alex."
The boys came up behind him.
"And Alex you didn't ruin our lives we love you. And instead of acting like adults we avoided the subject. Were sorry we leave you all alone."
Jared spoke for all of them but I loved these guys so much.
I had tears running down my cheeks.The boys didn't hate me. Dad didn't hate me. He never hated me or blamed me. I hugged him tightly and cried happy tears. He hugged me back .
"I love you daddy. "
"I love you baby girl."
"I'm gonna go back to work this second a change my schedule so I have shorter work hours so every morning I'll be here and come back every night. And your brothers won't have to help pay bills anymore you guys need to live your lives."
"Thank you." He let me go and ran off to his car to change his work schedule. I turned and looked for Ryder. He was standing on the porch waiting for me. He opened his arms for me. I ran into the and hugged him tightly, but he hugged me back tighter.
"Thank you from doing this for me."
He pulled back and looked down at me.
"I knew you were hurting. And I'm your boyfriend now and I'll always help you and love you."
Today was such an amazing day. I guess it is true, one person can change your life for the better.

A/N HELLO LOVLIES THE BIG 20 OMG SHE FIXED EVERYTHING WITH HER DAD YAY!! STAY UPDATED NEW CHARACTERS IS COMIN IN. SOME PEEPS YOU GUYS DIDNT PAY ATTENTION TO AS MUCH.*muwah*IM OUT