Chapter 34

Klaus POV

"Violet stop!" I say preventing Violet from getting closer.

"Why? What happened?" She asked worried

"This isn't a hot tub. It's just a hole. The walls are crumbling." I say and both their faces go pale.

We hear a shuffling noise from in the hole. We look down and see Summer moving her arms.

"Summer!" Violet shouts and she goes to get closer but I pull her back.

"We have to get her out." Quigley says "Quickly."

"Im almost done with what I was working on to get Esme out." Violet says and we all remember that Esme is still in the hot tub.

"About time! I've been in here for ages!" Esme hollers from in the tub. If only Summer where here she could lighten the mood.

"Preferred her when she didn't talk." We hear someone say and immediately know who.

"Summer!" We all shout looking over and see that she has pulled herself into a sitting position.

"Hey" She says standing up, or trying, she ends up falling back down.

"I can't stand!" She exclaims

"You lost a lot of blood." I explained pointing to her head.

"No really?!" She snaps at me sarcastically as she holds up her bloody hand.

"Umm...why is the hole crumbling?" She asked scooting away from the falling wall.

"The wall must not be that strong." Quigley suggested as Summer looks around.

"I've got this she can use to get out!" Violet says running back over to the hole holding a ladder like thing.

"What is it?" Summer asked trying to stand again, this time successfully while propping herself up on the wall.

"It's a ladder step seat. You hook yourself on and you can sit if you need to or catch yourself if you fall, it also works like a ladder." Violet explained as she lowered the contraption down to Summer. She stumbled over to it and attached the clip to her pants.

"Violet, can you find a belt or like a rope?" She asked and Violet immediately went and grabbed a belt and threw it down, Summer caught it and wrapped it around her waist but not all the way up. She then clipped the belt together and clipped it onto the ladder step seat. She climbed up and help onto Quigley for support.

"Now we just need to get Sunny." She said pushing off Quigley and walking over to the hot tub Esme was in.

"Hold up!" I start but she of course cuts me off.

"I'm fine, I got my balance back and my head stopped bleeding."

Summer POV

They need to stop worrying about me. I'm fine.

"We can use just the ladder to get Esme out. I've got a plan." I say looking at them while Klaus get the ladder.

"Well what's the plan?" Violet asked standing next to me.

"Well, Count Olaf has something you want and we have something he wants. So why don't we make a trade? We can-" I stop mid sentence and drag them over to the other side of the room.

"Now she can't hear us. Like I was saying, we could make a trade and if that doesn't work we'll just keep Esme hostage! We can tie her up in a chair and attach skis to the legs so we can drag her up the waterfall." Quigley looks like he's going to say something so I save him the trouble. "I know she's an adult and dragging her up the waterfall will be hard but we got up once we can get up again, besides having Sunny back will be worth it." I say and they nod. We walk back over to Esme and lower the ladder.

"Finally! Took you long enough!" She scoffs, I simply pull the ladder back up and look at the others.

"Why do we need the ladder again?" I ask now looking directly at Esme as she looks like she's going to explode.

"You brat!" She screams and I fully take the ladder out of the tub.

"Fine! Just let me out!" She gives up and I lower the ladder again though I would rather not. I smirk at her as she glared at me. I notice that Violet and Klaus left. I assume to get the chair and rope. I was right because they soon come back with a chair and rope. Esme was in front of me with her hands behind her back since when she got up I grabbed her hands and put them behind her back, I had a tight hold on them.

"What is that for?" She asked looking at the chair and rope.

"My pet rat of course!" I say and push her in the chair.

"This is so not 'in' let me up!" She shrieked as I wrapped her in rope so she couldn't get out.

"How about...NO!" I say and she growls and pouts. What a baby!

"We need to get the other stuff ready. Quigley you can help Violet, Klaus watch Esme and try to use this book. I will be lookout." I say and they scatter. I go over to the ledge and take out my spyglass. I look through it and don't see anything, I keep looking and see something in the air...the Quagmires!!! I have to tell Quigley!! Wait I can't, if I tell him, one he might leave, or two Esme might hear. As much as I want to tell him I don't and the two Quagmires float off and around the mountain out of sight.

————————————
A/N:

Hello!!! It's been awhile. Sorry I haven't updated. It's not that I've been busy it's just I didn't feel like writing. I got coauthor up in reading and other ADHD things. Oooooo butterfly! No! Don't get distracted in an A/N! So like I was saying I'm sorry! I am doing other chapters and bouncing around my stories and stuff. Fun fact ADHD stands for:

Attention
Deficit
HEY
DONUTS...

Peace ✌️