14.

‼️slight mentions of blood and injury‼️

You woke up in your own bed, someone knocking on your door. You got up slowly, a sudden pain in you wrist. You stumbled to the door. There was Price standing on the other side.

"Morning Viper. We're leaving in an hour. It's a long trip to where we need to be, so don't worry. You can sleep on the way" he finished, leaving you standing in the doorway.

You were freezing, your teeth chattering. You eyes flashed to your alarm clock, 03:00am. You rubbed your eyes sleepily, heading into the bathroom to shower.

The shower sent a shock through you as you stepped into the freezing water. There was never any hot water here, the pipes were frozen half the time. You stepped out of the shower colder then before, pulling your uniform khaki trousers on.

You tied your hair up in its usual ponytail, your h/l hair resting comfortably down your back. You left the bathroom, closing the door behind you.

You were starting to get yourself ready for this mission. The adrenaline was starting to pump through your blood, getting ready for that thrill that you got from shooting your shots. You always got so excited when you killed, you didn't know why, but this fire lit up inside you, and you became unstoppable.

You threw your protective gear over your head, full of knives and pistols. You checked to see if your pistol was fully loaded. Seeing that it was, you slung your bag over your shoulder.

You hadn't forgot about yesterday. You had just managed to calm your thoughts on the whole situation, not thinking about it at all.

That was something you had become good at. Blanking your mind had come in handy when all you were doing was thinking. It was kind of like you were putting your thoughts on pause, giving your head room to focus.

You came into the kitchen, everyone ready. Your eyes went to König first, him smiling at you. You returned a toothless smile.

"Sleep well?" he asked, you standing in beside him. König's arm snaked around your waist discreetly. You nodded your head. Your brain was too full of static to talk.

"Where is this place, Price?" asked Soap, Price walking through the door. "The other side of the country. We'll be there about 12 hours, so you can all sleep for then.

Fuck. There was no way that you were going to sit in a helicopter for 12 hours. That would definitely drive you insane, you thought to yourself. You have been sleeping better thanks to König recently, but this was going to be so long.

Price laid out five helmets on the table, with night vision goggles on the top. "Throw them on. We'll be there in the dark, so we'll need them. Let's head" said Price, already leaving out the door.

There was a helicopter right outside the base. This brought you back to about three weeks ago, when you first arrived. God lots had changed since then.

Nobody knew, but you kept a small flask of whiskey on you. It was more to keep you warm, but it also helped your nerves.

You climbed into the helicopter, König following you closely. You sat in the furthest corner, König right beside you. Gaz sat beside König, Soap Ghost and Price sitting opposite you three.

The helicopter was silent as it was taking off. You were a ball of nerves at this point, there were too many eyes on you to take a swig of your whiskey. Ghost and Price broke into small conversation, Gaz and Soap exchanging guns.

You looked up to König who was beside you. He looked deep in thought, probably thinking about the mission. His eyes were cast in front of him, staring into space.