18.

König was leaving you tomorrow. He explained that he will be gone for a month minimum, completing a mission with KorTac back home in Austria.

You had asked him many times if you could go with him, but he said no. He told you that he doesn't want you to get hurt for the apparent move to South America, he wants you safe and healthy for that mission.

You couldn't sleep. You weren't allowed out of your bed, you had an open wound on your head and were coming down with something. The stress of König leaving you didn't help either.

König was your corner stone. He was the one that you needed to keep you on your feet. You only realised it now, but König had been the one taking care of you. You didn't know what to do without him.

König stayed with you as much as he could. Price had called him out for a meeting once or twice, but König always came back into you.

He sat with you, holding you close. He kept reassuring you that everything will be okay, and he'll come right back to you. You kept falling in and out of sleep, an illness beginning to dawn on you.

König rubbed your back softly. He kept whispering sweet words of German to you, helping you relax and forget about him leaving.

With König speaking German, you fell into a deep sleep. Your eyes were heavy, your body shaking with the cold.

After your sleep, your eyes began to crack open. Light came in through your window, bright and warm.

"There she is now" said a Scottish voice. You sat up suddenly in bed, panicking. Where was König? Your eyes darted around the room, to see Gaz and Soap sitting on chairs in the corner of the room.

"Where's König?" you said frantically, your cheeks rosy red. You spoke in a nasal voice, obviously sick. "Aye calm down." said Soap with alarm. He stood up quickly, thinking there was something wrong with you.

Your head was splitting. Your head felt like a rock, about to fall backwards at any time. You were hot but cold at the same time. You didn't know what end of you was up.

Soap handed you a glass of water. You took it with shaky hands, not knowing what to think. "König's gone to KorTac. He'll be back in a few weeks" said Soap, tracing over his words carefully so as not to upset you.

Everything came flooding back. König explaining how he was going for a while. "South America. Are we going?" you asked, a sullen tone in your voice. Gaz stood up. "We're leaving in a month. So just after König's back" said Gaz.

"We need you ready for South America Viper. We can't have you sick. We need you to be okay, but will you be? You don't have König now so..." Soap trailed off.

Your heart kept sinking lower as Soap was talking. You needed to distract yourself. "Which part of South America are we going to?" you asked.

"Far west. It'll be a hell of a long journey" said Gaz. "So we need you in good health for it" said Soap. Far west. That was where the natives were from. A warmer feeling came back as you thought about it. Just as Soap finished talking, Price walked in.

Prices eyes were heavy with concern as he looked at you. He had a lit cigar in his hand, the sickly sweet smell of tobacco filling the air.

"Viper, how're you feeling?" he asked, pulling a chair from behind him and sitting down. Prices eyes were flicking over your face for an answer.

"I'm fine" you said simply. You took another sip of your water. "Where's König" you said to Price. Price took a quick drag on his cigar. "He's in Austria. KorTac had a sudden meeting, I don't think it's too much" said Price to you. You nodded your head.

That sinking feeling never left you. You couldn't get the fact that König was gone out of your head. You weren't a child, you knew it was just for a while. But the fact that he wouldn't be here made you feel a deeper sadness then anyone could imagine.

König's POV
I sat in the back of a keep on the way to central Austria. I had to leave y/n this morning. My poor girl, she was asleep. I didn't even get to say goodbye. I don't think she took me leaving lightly. She started to come down with a cold, her nose all blocked.

I think her cold could be due to the temperatures here in Russia. At least she would warm up in South America.

I miss her already. I'm going to write to her as much as I can, let her know I'm safe. I just know her mind will go wild, overthinking everything. I don't really think god is much use, but if there is one I ask him she doesn't hurt herself.

Austrias a lot warmer the Russia. I want to bring y/n back home after the military. Little does she know, but whenever I speak to her in German, I'm telling her about our future together. I'll bring her back to my home house in my village. We'll settle down, and she'll be happy.

She'll be at peace.