Chapter 13: Mentally ill

After Gu Siyu asked the question, she clearly felt a slight change in Huo Junxian's expression, as if the word "mentally ill" was particularly sensitive to her.

Huo Junxian didn't speak, but Teddy bit Gu Siyu's pants leg with great force, as if trying to protect Huo Junxian.

Both Gu Siyu and Huo Junxian remained silent, and the only sound was the whimpering of the dog. After a moment, Huo Junxian said, "No."

"Hmm?" Gu Siyu didn't say whether she believed it or not, but was curious for more.

"He slandered me, wanting to send me to a mental hospital, so that everything of mine would be his. He not only wants my property, but also my freedom and my life," Huo Junxian said.

"It's Jin Yuansen's style," Gu Siyu said. "That's why I wanted to conspire with you."

Huo Junxian raised her eyes and tilted her head slightly to look at her, as if wanting to see if she believed her.

Gu Siyu leaned her body down, putting all her weight on her, like a thorny rose growing on Huo Junxian, wrapping around her, pinching her face, and saying, "You don't need to do that now. You have to listen to me. Whatever I say, you do."

She stood behind Huo Junxian and couldn't see her whole face, but she could see the curve of her lips. Gu Siyu breathed heavily, scraped her fingers over her face, touched her eyes, and ran her fingertips over her nose. Huo Junxian did not resist, allowing her to do as she pleased.

The phone on the table kept ringing tirelessly, and Jin Yuansen said, "Do you believe me?" The dog barked and kept biting her pants leg.

"Where are you, Siyu?"

Gu Siyu hung up the phone, kicked Teddy aside lightly, and ran her fingers over Huo Junxian's lips, stroking the lines on her lips.

Huo Junxian's lack of resistance became a silent temptation.

After about three minutes, the office door was pushed open with great force, and Jin Yuansen and a group of people burst in, a dark mass with each person looking fierce, not even bothering to look at Huo Junxian, acting particularly arrogant.

The office fell silent, so quiet that even the people outside felt it. Huo Junxian held a pen and slightly raised her head. "What's the matter?"

Jin Yuansen dressed himself very well, wearing a suit and leather shoes. He always spoke with a smile to outsiders and had glasses on his nose. He looked cultured and refined, making it hard to tell that he was malicious.

He squeezed into Huo Junxian's office, stood in front of her, adjusted his clothes, and scanned her office with his eyes. Finally, his gaze fell on her desk. "What are you hiding under your desk?"

Huo Junxian lowered her head and looked at the person under the table.

Gu Siyu had squatted down the moment the door opened. The desk was too high for her to see directly, so Gu Siyu squatted and played with the dog.

Huo Junxian ignored her as if she hadn't seen her and directly lifted her leg. Her foot landed on Gu Siyu's shoulder and stepped on her. She repeatedly stepped on her shoulder several times without retracting her leg, crushing Gu Siyu. She barely managed to prop herself up with one hand, looking somewhat embarrassed.

Huo Junxian placed her legs on Gu Siyu's shoulders and said softly to the people outside, "My dog."

"Dog?"

Huo Junxian beckoned with her finger. "Xiao Yu, come out."

The person and the dog under the desk looked at her. They didn't quite hear who she was calling, and they all froze. Teddy, the dog, jumped out first, sticking its tongue out and smiling at her. Huo Junxian moved her chair back, bent over, and picked up Teddy, placing it on her lap.