23: Burning

The bell of the cafe chimed, signaling someone was there. Lolo entered the cafe, followed by Yoongi and Jin smiled at them who were wiping the table close to the door. "You're here?"

"Yeah," she said and walked over to the staff quarter. Jin turned and saw Jimin hiding behind Yoongi. He sighed before running away, leaving Jimin in front of Jin. 

Jimin glared at Yoongi before turning at Jin nervously and greeting him, "Hello." Then he ran away from there as Jin stared at him with narrowed eyes but then chuckled at his childishness.

-----------------

"He's coming, he's coming, he's coming. I hope he won't come, he won't come." Jimin kept chanting while sitting on the table while Yoongi was observing him, sipping his americano.

"Is he coming here?" Jimin asked but someone cleared his throat and Jimin shut his eyes, knowing who just came here. Jin bent down and stared at Jimin while he looked away with a flustered face.

"Is there anything else you need, sir?" Jin asked him while Yoongi was immensely enjoying whatever was happening. Jimin forced a smile and looked at Yoongi and then at the cafe around.

"We have so many customers today," Jimin said and looked at Jin with a big smile, trying to look confident like always. "There are two handsome male customers at our cafe. And there's a rumor that they will stay here." Jin replied.

"I can help you if you are busy," Jimin said and Jin tilted his head at him, "I guess you feel sorry for me."

"If not then never mind-" Jimin said, getting up but Jin held his hand, "No, it's not. I'd appreciate it if you could help me. Thank you." He said and made him sit back on the chair.

Jin patted Jimin on his head and his eyes widened, "You are so kind, Jimin," he said and walked away from there. Yoongi burst into laughter after his departure. Jimin glared at him who was muffling his laughs by drinking the beverage.

"Are you okay?" Yoongi asked but Jimin gritted his teeth, "Be quiet."

------------------------

Yoongi and Jimin dressed in white shirts and black pants like Jin, serving drinks, snacks, and looks attracted more customers. Lolo brought in male customers usually but today the cafe was filled with female customers.

Jimin took the order and was walking towards the counter when he bumped into Jin and awkwardly froze in his place before looking away and running from there.

Yoongi kept the order on a table and then his eyes landed on Lolo who was placing the used glasses on the tray.

He walked towards her and stood beside her, helping her out. "I'll do it." He said as he kept the glasses on her tray. Lolo grinned at him and he smiled, wiping the table after placing the glasses on the tray that she was holding.

-------------------

"I have never seen so many customers," Yoongi said while keeping the cleaned glasses on the shelf, beads of sweat on his forehead even though the air conditioner was on. "The boss was so excited," Jimin said with a small grin when the bell on the door chimed, signaling that someone came.

Lolo was wiping the counter of the cafe and looked up at him, bowing slightly. "Welcome."

"What? Is there another customer? But the cafe is closed!" Yoongi complained glaring at the tall tanned skin guy. He looked around until his eyes landed on the man in front of the counter screen.

He flashed a boxy grin and jogged towards him, "Hey, Jin." The former man looked up at him and his eyes lit up instantly, "Taehyung? When did you come back to Korea?" 

"Last week," Taehyung answered and Jin did a bro hug with him in delight which Taehyung returned gladly. Jimin peeked at them curiously while Yoongi was sighing in relief to know that he wasn't a customer.

"And you are coming to say hi just now?" Jin asked, pulling out and shaking his hand with him, "I came as fast as I could." Jin smiled at him, still holding their hands.

"You should run over here as soon as you got off the plane," Jin said and ruffled Taehyung's hair who grinned at him sheepishly, "I came as fast as I could."

"That jerk!" Jimin hissed through his teeth and secretly watched them under his scrutinizing gaze. Both of them sat at a table and started conversing while Lolo was wrapping up that cafe with Yoongi.

Meanwhile, Jimin was fuming, watching these two so talking to each other closely. Jin smiled at Taehyung and asked, "How have you not changed at all? I'm the only one who got older."

"You haven't changed at all," Taehyung said while giggling and Jin touches his face, narrowing his eyes and nodding, "You are right. I am the same handsome as always." Taehyung chuckled and shook his head in disbelief.

Lolo and Yoongi were giggling behind the counter, watching them. Jimin looked at the counter, exhaling deeply. 

"You are still cute and small," Jin commented, looking at him and Taehyung gasped, covering his mouth, "I'm taller than you. Are you teasing me right now?"

"Why? I'm still older. I am telling you the truth."

**************

A Taehyung cameo ✨

A Taehyung cameo ✨