27: Goodbye Grey

"Do you think Jimin got there safely?" Lolo asked Yoongi who nodded, "Yes, he probably did." They kept walking towards the park and Yoongi chuckled.

"What happened?"

"Why do you keep looking at me?" She asked and he shrugged his shoulders. "Just because I want to." He said, wrapping an arm around Lolo's shoulder and walking. She pushed him away only for him to keep her close again. They entered the park and took a seat on the swing.

Lolo held the chains of the swing and looked up at the sky. She smiled when she recalled the last conversation they had earlier.

[Flashback]

"If you can be born again, what do you want to be born as?" Lolo asked the two men in front of her. "A cat!" Jimin answered immediately and Lolo frowned.

"Again?" Jimin nodded.

"Then, I don't ever want to be caught and as no one's possession. I want to roam around freely." Jimin said cheerfully. "What about you, Lolo?" Yoongi asked and she squinted her eyes, thinking about it.

"I want to be human again. I want to be the youngest of a rich family." She said and Jimin scoffed, looking at Yoongi. "What about you?"

Yoongi raised his eyebrows, pointing his finger at his chest and Jimin nodded. He smiled before replying, "I just want to be beside Lolo. Husband, Father, cat, dog, rock. Whatever it is. I just want to stay close to her."

"Just be born as a cat!" Jimin said and Yoongi shrugged, "I don't care if I am born again as a cat. As long as it belongs to Lolo." She started laughing and Yoongi giggled with her, his gummy smile on full display while Jimin smiled, watching them.

[Flashback ends]

 "Hey, Yoongi." He hummed in a questioning tone.

"How was it when you were watching over me from heaven?" She asked and Yoongi looked at the sky too. "You often looked lonely and tired a lot."

"What about now?" Yoongi looked back at her, already strong at him with a smile.

"You look much better. You seem to be more comfortable and much happier." She nodded at his answer, looking at the ground, and swung her legs on the ground slightly.

"You're right. Now I'm happy and comfortable. And I will continue to be." She said and turned to look at him smiling at her, "Even if you don't disappear." His smile dropped as she stood up, walking towards Yoongi who looked like he would cry any moment.

She stood in front of him as he stared up at her. "You should follow Jimin too." She said and Yoongi hugged her abdomen, pulling her close to him, his face resting on her belly. "No. No way."

Lolo shut her eyes and gulped hard. "You have to go too." She repeated again but Yoongi shook his head. "No, don't make me go. I'm going to be next to my Lolo. Why are you trying to make me go?"

Lolo covered her face, hiding the tears that were already streaming down her face. "Because it is hard for me, Yoongi. If I think about how you would disappear, my heart aches." She said, feeling her shirt getting wet.

Yoongi is crying as well.

She wiped her face, took a deep breath, cupped Yoongi's face, and lifted it. He looked miserable. His pale face was now red, his eyes were red, and tears stained on his cheeks, and his nose running too. He looked at her with a pleading look, fresh tears brimming his eyes. 

Lolo smiled softly. "But if I think that you will be watching over me from the sky, it will get better. Although, I can't see we're together." She said and broke down. Yoongi stood up, cupping her face and wiping her tears away.

"Don't cry. It's my fault." He said and she sobbed, looking at him. "So, go. For me. Leave." She said and he shut his eyes, looking down and nodding. "I will."

Lolo's hands were shaking. "I love you, Yoongi." She said and he broke. 

His voice. His back. His knees. His face. 

She leaned forward and connected their lips. They could feel the softness of each other's lips, the rhythms of their breaths. The softest kiss rang out as bright as the sun above them. Sweet, and warm now, sunlight spun during the daytime.

He slowly moved her lips with his own, a taunting kiss. She tasted like berries and he was sure that her taste would remain in his memory forever. The air crackled as they were sharing the same breath. Yoongi's mouth was gentle as he drank her sighs and memorized her mouth.

Lolo pulled away and stared at the glimmering eyes of Yoongi with blurry eyes, "Thank you for coming into my life, Yoongi." With that being said, Yoongi smiled and pecked her lips before murmuring,

"I love you so much more, Lolo."

*********

Epilogue next

Epilogue next.