1: Strong

Jin placed the closed board on the door of the cafe and walked back to the counter to see Lolo wiping it clean.

She was wearing a black skirt and white shirt, a black apron above it while Jin had black pants, a white shirt, and a black apron.

She placed the glasses down and used the white cloth to rub the counter clean while Jin walked over to the cashing monitor. He clicked on the screen and noted down today's sales.

But after calculating everything he exhaled deeply, shaking his head. "Geez. . . What is it this time? Sales don't match." He mumbled and clicked on the monitor again, holding the pen and the bill book.

"Uncle Jin, I'm taking off," Lolo said with a small smile. She changed back from her work attire back to her grey hoodie and jeans, glasses on her nose bridge, and holding the strap of her backpack over her shoulder.

Jin glared at her. "Even though I'm your mother's youngest brother, still I'm just 7 years older than you. Stop calling me uncle!" He hissed through his teeth.

"Oh, okay. Jin." She said and he smiled, giving her an approving nod.

She tried to peek at the screen but Jin quickly covered it from her, clearing his throat, he asked, "It's Friday night. You're not doing anything?"

"No." She replied with a smile.

"Or do you want to have a drink with me?" Jin pressed, shutting the screen to stand straight. But Lolo refused politely. "Sorry, uncle, but I'm a little tired today."

"I see. . . Hey, stop calling me uncle!" He snarled and Lolo giggled. "Anyway, you should go home and get some rest, Lolo."

Lolo nodded and said, "Okay. You should go home, too. Jin!" He smiled and waved at her. She turned to walk towards the door, opening it and exiting the cafe.

A sad smile spread across Jin's face when she left. "She pretends to be strong but she's weaker than my sales—"

His eyes widened and he turned around to look back at the monitor that was turned off. "Oh, no. I'll have to start over all again." He exclaimed and hit his head on the monitor lightly.

Lolo left the cafe and then went to a convenience store to buy some home essentials, was now heading back to her desolate home.

She didn't want to stay back with Jin because he was trying enough for her, to soothe her pain and taking her to work in his cafe when his own cafe was not running well.

So she didn't want to be a burden on him anymore and just return back home. She was looking at the people passing by her, some alone, some in groups, and some couples.

Lolo could feel her heart getting heavy encountering the smile on their faces when they were with someone. She let out a sharp breath and moved the bag in her hand, slowly strolling back to her home.

She entered her alley but flinched at the aggressive barking of a dog from someone's home. "It scared the shit out of me." She clutched her chest and resumed her way.

She was nearing her home through the dimly lit lane when she saw the main door to her home.

Her home was located in such a way that if a car lost its speed in this lane and crashed into the front wall then it would be the door of her house and the wall of the house next to hers.

She slowly exited the lane but frowned seeing two complete strangers sitting on the road, right in front of the wall of her house.

One of them had blue-grey hair and the other one was ginger-haired. Both of them were clad in normal pajamas and slippers but when they landed upon Lolo, they instantly stood up.

Their pupils dilated and the ginger-haired smiled so brightly that his eyes disappeared while smiling so much.

Not to mention, both of them were charming and handsome, and their visuals were out of the world even when they were looking like two homeless freaks, standing in front of a girl's home.

She looked at them as she made eye contact with the grey-haired man who was looking at her expectantly. She frowned at them and tilted her head before mumbling,

"What is it?"

•••••••••••••••••••••

Would you mind dropping a vote, my friend? 🫂💜