24: Vivid

Taehyung and Jin giggled with each other when a glass slammed on their table, making them flinch. Jin looked up and saw Jimin glaring at him while Taehyung was stunned when he slammed the other glass on the table.

"Enjoy your coffee," Jimin said in a hard voice and Jin smiled, lifting the glass up and bringing it close to his lips. "Oh, yes. Thank you." Taehung thanked him with a boxy grin and grabbed the glass.

"Yes, thank you," Jin said and Jiminn scoffed at him before turning back to walk towards the counter. Yoongi and Lolo watched Jimin keep the tray on the counter before stomping his foot loudly towards the kitchen and slamming the door shut after entering it.

Jin blinked several times before cracking his neck and looking at Taehyung's confused face, "Sorry." Taehyung shook his head before mumbling, "It's okay. It's okay."

Jin rubbed his temple while drinking the coffee staring at Lolo's confused face while Yoongi was staring at the closed door of the kitchen. "What's wrong with him?" Lolo asked Yoongi who turned to look at Jin. "I think I know."

"What did you do in the United States?" Jin asked and Taehyung kept the glass on the table. "Just studying, waste money."

Jimin peeked through the small window that opened to the counter, and he could see Jin and Taehyung talking to each other and Yoongi and Lolo at the counter.

"How does the coffee taste?" Jin asked Taehyung. "The coffee?" Jin nodded.

"You haven't tasted this in America, have you?" Jin asked and Taehyung smiled, shaking his head while Jimin scoffed watching them. 

------------------

"I gotta go," Taehyung said, getting up from the chair and Jin followed him, "Okay. go home safely." Taehyung turned and smiled at him.

"See you at home someday," Taehyung said and Jin nodded, "Yes, it is going to be fun. See you later," Jin said, raising his fist. 

"See you later," Taehyung said and bumped his fist with Jin's. "Bye." Jin waved and Taehyug walked out of the cafe. Jin turned around and walked over to the counter where Lolo was leaning down to interrogate him while Yoongi was standing beside her.

"Isn't he close to you?" She asked and Jin answered, "Yes, he's my junior from high school. We lived in the same neighborhood since we were young. Anyways, I think I will have to go first. Do you think you can close the cafe?"

Lolo stood up straight and saluted him with a smile, "Yes, of course, uncle!" Jin glared at her playfully, "Don't call me that. And no need to stay here till the end time. Just finish it early."

"All right," Yoongi said and Lolo turned to him, "Let's go and clean up." Both of them left the counter and walked towards the tables. Jin looked at the closed door of the kitchen and then the window that separated the counter and the kitchen.

The door opened and he looked at Jimin approaching him, looking at him intensely. "You are the owner of the cafe but you are very irresponsible," Jimin said and Jin turned to face him.

"You're back as feisty Jimin," Jin placed his hand on Jimin's shoulder but he slapped it away. Jin shut his eyes in frustration before opening them and looking at Jimin softly, "You didn't like it? Sorry."

"I told you not to look at me like that," Jimin said and Jin raised his eyebrows, "What?"

"What is this level of development?" Lolo asked Yoongi, both of them watching the other two in front of the counter seriously. "I love this drama though," Yoongi said, wiping the table, eyes fixed on the tense atmosphere between Jin and Jimin.

"Others will like it if you look at them like that but I don't like it," Jimin said in irritation. "That's how I see you-"

"You are supposed to hurry up. Aren't you supposed to meet him or something?" Jimin interrupted Jin who knitted his eyebrows in annoyance.

"Listen, that's because he came back to Korea after 3 years and our mothers are close, so. . ." Jin raised his voice and stopped, taking a deep breath to calm himself down. Jimin looked away from him.

"Look, why should I give you this excuse? I don't know." Jin said sternly, looking deep into Jimin's eyes before walking past him, bumping into his shoulder on the way. Jimin pressed his lips together and gulped the thick lump of saliva in his throat.

Jimin felt a soft hand caressing his back and he turned to see Lolo softly staring at him, holding a glass of iced water. "It's gonna be okay," Yoongi said, standing beside her.

Jin came out of the staff quarter, wearing his normal clothes, his bag in his hand when his eyes fell on Jimin. He looked away before mumbling,

"I heard from Lolo. You guys are going to go far away soon. Let's eat something together before you leave."

****************

Story is coming to an 🔚