Songs of Confession (Lizzy/Doll)

AHH! You caught me! This one isn't a request- I just have Lizzy brain-rot lmao...
I'm still getting around to other requests, but I drank an Alani (energy drink) and that thing just made my mind absolutely go crazy, so have this as a reward for my lack of self-preservation! :D
Takes place after prom
Psst! Play this while reading!
The songs are "i wanna be your girlfriend" by girl in red, and "crushcrushcrush" by Paramore.
Proofread ✖

Lizzy scratched the back of her neck, leaning forward off of the wall. She was sitting crisscross-applesauce style on Doll's bed, and it was very nerve inducing. She'd been Doll's friend for a very long time, and they had sleepovers together ever since they were kids. 

Things were different now.

Doll and Lizzy were in their senior year of high-school, both being eighteen. Lizzy had come out to Doll as a lesbian, so she was surprised Doll still had her over. Not to mention Lizzy had called V hotter than Doll at prom, and that made Lizzy even more surprised at the fact Doll still wanted to hang out with her. She didn't really mean it though. It was more of an impulse kind of thing. She liked Doll, not V. She regretted what she said.

It still felt awkward though. 

"So," Lizzy drawled, "you don't hate me?"

Doll glared at her, and Lizzy regretted saying anything. Doll turned away, tabs opening up on her visor. She had opened Spotify for some odd reason. A song came on and Doll pulled up the lyrics on her visor as the song started playing.

The song started with a build-up of drumbeats and then guitar. "I got a lot to say to you. Yeah, I got a lot to say."

Lizzy's face burned, thinking Doll had put on an angry song. Sometimes when Doll wouldn't find the right words to say, she'd play a song instead. Lizzy usually enjoyed Doll's unique music taste, but now all she could feel was ashamed. She had really messed up during prom, and now Doll was making a point. Robo-god Lizzy was a failure. 

The song kept going. "I notice your eyes are always glued to me. Keeping them here and it makes no sense at all." The pace of the song picked up, and Lizzy's heart skipped a beat. "They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies. Your little spies. They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies. Your little spies."

Guitar played in the gap without lyrics, and Lizzy wondered what Doll was trying to say with this song. Doll's index finger was tapping on the bed to the rhythm of the song, and Lizzy wished she could watch Doll be this into a song forever. It was mystical and beautiful to watch.

The song built back in with angry sounding whispers: "Crush, crush, crush, crush, crush." A chorus of "two, three, four" and then the lyrics were a louder volume. "Nothing compares to a quiet evening alone." Lizzy winced, feeling hurt. Doll was probably mad, and she had good reason to be. 

"Just the one, two, I was just counting on. That never happens, I guess I'm dreaming again." The angry lyrics went on, and Lizzy was getting ready to leave. It really sounded like she wanted to be alone, and Lizzy didn't want to make things worse. Sure, she could be a bitch at times, but she knew when she should go- especially for the sake of someone she genuinely cared about.

Then, something astonishing happened. 

Doll sang along. "Let's be more than this."

Lizzy froze at the sound of Doll singing, captivated by Doll's voice. Holy hell, it was beautiful. Lizzy stared at Doll as the guitar faded in, and Doll stared back. Lizzy's mind was racing, and so was her heart. 

"If you wanna play it like a game, well, come on, come on, let's play." Lizzy was a little disappointed Doll didn't sing again, but the amazement was brought back when she sang the next part with the song: "'Cause I'd rather waste my life pretending than have to forget you for one whole minute."