That's the Feeling. It's You

A/N: Thanks guys, for all your support!

Enjoy!

Carolyn resisted the urge to run to the Grey House. She knew Michael needed space, but she knew... that if she talked to him, they would be alright. They could work this out. They would work this out.

Carolyn didn't run, but she walked quickly. She didn't want to give him too much time to mope.

This was a good thing. A Baby was a good thing. Marriage was a good thing. She spent a long time convincing herself of these things and now she just had to convince Michael. After all, he started it. Right?

She huffed when she came up to the Grey House. "For heaven's sakes!" He had climbed through the window.

Sighing, she reached over and pulled herself awkwardly inside. When her feet hit the floor she huffed again. "Michael?" she called. Where would he be in this huge house? "Michael?"

She thought she heard something as she stepped into the foyer. "Mike?" she called again. She took another step, but fell right through the floor.

"Not again," she moaned, as she tried to stand up. But there, in the dirt, was a figure.

The figure didn't move. Carolyn crouched over, arching a brow. "Oh dear," she said. "Michael?" She rubbed his back and touched his shoulder to turn him over. "Michael, wake up," she shook him again.

He groaned and turned over, blinking. "Care, wh-what happened?"

"I'm not sure. You tell me," she cupped his face.

"I, I um-" he looked at her. Stared, really, as he sat up. He cupped her face too. "Carolyn, what year is it?"

"What year? Why, what's happened to you? You hit your head?" She ran her hands through his hair, searching for bumps. He groaned and rubbed his forehead, then caught her arm and held it, staring at her. She stared back, but it seemed his gaze would never end.

"Nevermind," he said. "I remember."

"Remember?"

"Yes." He let his hand fall along the side of her face, catching some of her long chestnut curls between his fingers. "You're beautiful. You'll always be beautiful," he said as she helped him up.

"How much do you remember, exactly?" Did he remember what she told him a mere 20 minutes ago? About the life that lived inside her?

Michael leaned in close, resting his hands on her shoulders. Slowly they slipped down to her elbows, and then inside, to her hips. He squeezed, thumbs dimpling her black dress. "We're having a baby," he said.

"Yes," she said. "Michael-"

"Shh. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have run off like that. I shouldn't have left you. But now... now I know how much I love you."

"How much?"

"This much," he said. Then he kissed, and kissed, and kissed her until her lips were numb and tingling, and her cheeks sore from laughing.

xxx

Cassie watched little Bailey play with the towel his grandmother had pulled out from her box. Meredith still hadn't opened her box, and she'd sensed a deep reluctance. But before she could go and nudge her, she saw Jake on the periphery of her vision.

He had to go.

"Jake?" she called. But he didn't seem to hear her as he walked down the cliff. His time here was fading. She followed him. "Jake!"