08

"The drive to school was painfully silent," I told Hanni as we walked to my locker.

"Well duh, that was a pretty intense fight with the both of them," she answered after I had gossiped to her what happened the other day.

"I didn't 'fight' with Changmin," I said.

"I just don't get it," Hanni groaned. "Changmin isn't dumb, and he has two working eyes, how does he not see you??"

"It doesn't matter," I said after a moment. I unlocked my locker and a small note flew out.

Thank you Doah, Changmin and I are going to the library together and I owe it all to you! Let me know how it goes with cute soccer boy :)
- Serri

Hanni read the note over my shoulder and sighed. "I'm sorry." She said.

"There's nothing to be sorry about," I slammed my locker a little too hard. "I'm fine. This is all fine!"

"Dohs...." She gave me a look. "I'm the only one who's known about your thing for Changmin, you think I'm just gonna believe feelings can disappear like that? It's okay to not be fine, you don't have to jump into seeing someone else you know?"

I swallowed. "I want to."

Hanni nodded hesitantly. "Okay. It's your choice but... I'm also here for you if you decide to change your mind."

".....I'm-"

"HANNI!" A boy peaked his head out of the nearest hallway and waved to her. "We need your help, there's been a fashion emergency for the Sustainable Creating Club."

"Oh boy," Hanni turned back towards me. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be," I said. "For both of the things. Don't be sorry."

She tapped my hand and gave me a lopsided smile before she rushed into the classroom. Just like that, I was all alone again.

What would have happened if I never helped Serri? Would it have actually changed anything?

As I spiraled into the depths of my life's regrets, I didn't notice a girl stop at the locker next to me.

"Hey," She snapped her fingers in front of my face. Eunjung.

"Perfect timing," I told her.

"Is that sarcasm?"

"Think what you will," I sighed and reached into my backpack. "The research paper."

"Both of them?" she asked.

"Both? What do you mean both?" I asked and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"I told you one for me and one for my boyfriend. Are you fucking kidding me Doah? I gave you like two weeks notice? How hard is it to switch around a few words and change the thesis??" She asked.

Then why don't you do it?? I bit my tongue to keep myself from saying something I'd regret.

"You're so useless," Eunjung shoved the papers onto my chest and I almost stumbled back, but I kept my feet planted on the ground.

"I don't want it," I said. "Tell your boyfriend to do his own goddamn work," I shoved it back to her.

"You don't want to start with me," Eunjung took a menacing step forward.

"Excuse me." A voice came out of nowhere from right behind me. "You're in the personal space of my beloved date, and getting this time with her was really difficult, so she actually doesn't need this right now. Could you piss off? Respectfully."

I followed Eunjung's glare behind me, and Sunwoo was standing there. I could feel his body leaning forward against my backpack.

I guess Eunjung knew who he was too, so she took her papers and left. My heartbeat returned to normal and I let out a breath I was holding in.