20

It was the weekend and I was pulling out my homework I had been putting off.

shit. I forgot I had a math test and an English paper due on monday. It's not that I was bad at english or anything, but I certainly wasn't fluent.

When I opened my work book a small note fluttered out. I recognized that chicken scratch handwriting.

Me and my friend need 2 papers for Korean history 3 about unit 11 by next monday. I'm giving this to you a week in advance don't fuck it up.

She didn't sign her name but I knew it was Eunjung. She didn't want a paper trail on her crimes.

And technically wasn't I an accomplice for going along with it and helping her? I groaned and I flicked the note onto my desk.

Wait. Monday? That's tomorrow!

"Fuck," I swore under my breath.

There was a shout from downstairs, "Doah time for dinner!"

There was no way in hell I would ever finish my work and hers. Maybe I could pretend to be sick. Or play dead.

I got off my chair and I left my room. Passing through the hallway I saw my brother's bedroom door wide open. I could see his desk with stacks of organized and neat papers and folders.

That's when I got an idea. I could take his Korean history report, quickly run into the library to use the photocopier, and put it back in his locker before his class starts.

Yes, great idea Doah except the risk is high and if he catches you, you might have been better off getting beat up by Eunjung instead.

I shook the feeling off because I didn't have time. This was one of the few moments in a day where Chanhee wasn't glued to his seat at his desk studying. It was now or never.

I silently slipped into his room and searched around. It was easy to find because he labels and color codes each subject.

I took the seven page stack and just as I began walking towards the door, Changmin stepped into the room.

"HOly shit you scared me!" I leaped back and hugged the papers to my chest.

His eyebrows raised and he tilted his head at me. "What are you doing?" He asked, not angry, but curious.

"I'm--I was just... getting some papers," I said. Technically not a lie.

"Ah, okay," He shrugged. I knew Changmin could tell when I was lying, but he seemed to be in a rush himself.

"What did you get all dressed up for?" I asked. He was wearing a white button down shirt and a nice looking belt. His hair was neatly styled just like usual.

"I'm going on a date," He said, with a tone that sounded less than excited.

"Serri?" I asked.

"No Doah, I pulled a Sunwoo and I actually dumped her and found someone else in the span of two days," Changmin laughed. "Of course it's Serri--who else?"

"Ha ha." I said dryly. "Well um! Have fun!"

My voice was a bit too chipper as I moved past him in the door, blocking his view of the papers in my arms. I breathed a sigh of relief and I stuffed the stack in my backpack.

The adrenaline rush of stealing from my brother was almost enough to make me forget that Changmin was going on a date with Serri. The girl who literally knew nothing about him and probably only liked him for his looks and the fact that she could tell everyone she had a boyfriend.