17

People really underestimate the feeling of a hangover headache. It feels like there's a thousand tiny hammers in my head going at it and poking around my brain.

As I slowly opened my eyes the light seeping through the window blinded me.

I groaned and I sat up. As I did, I saw Changmin curled up in a ball on my floor just below my bed, keeping watch.

His eyes were closed tightly, like he was having a silent nightmare. He looked distressed even in his sleep.

But why was he sleeping in my room?

Slowly the memories came back, and my eyes grew wider and wider.

I drank. I tried and failed to sleep with Sunwoo. I almost drowned. I swore at Serri. I bawled my eyes out in front of Changmin and we talked together for hours.

Oh my god.

The night was a blur. What if I said something to Changmin? Something important?

Fuck fuck fuck. Fuck.

The boy sleeping on my floor suddenly shifted, and then squinted from the light from the window.

He sat up with his dark hair sticking up everywhere, looking sleepless, and yet still adorable.

"Doah?" Is the first thing he said.

I imagined waking up next to him, under different circumstances. But here, instead of being excited, I was mortified.

"You must think I'm a helpless child." I said, my ears ringing with every word spoken.

Changmin fixed his posture. "No. I think you just drank a wee bit too much."

"I'm so sorry," I slid off my bed and kneeled in front of him. "You didn't need to take care of me like that."

I searched his face for any indication of him knowing how I felt about him.

He shook his head. "Don't apologize to me, I'm the one that trauma dumped to you last night."

"I hope I didn't... didn't say anything weird. Did I?" I asked.

"Nothing out of the ordinary of your usual weirdness!" He answered.

I scoffed. "I'm so glad."

"Hey we should probably get you some—"

Whatever Changmin was about to suggest was interrupted by my beloved brother bursting into the room.

"So this is where you slept you sneaky little perv." Chanhee said co Changmin. Then he crossed his arms and glanced at me. "Are you trying to mack up my little sister??"

"What?!" Changmin screeches. "No! I-I'm-"

"Whatever just—can you just go to your room? I mean my room! I mean— just leave. Please. I need to talk to my sibling alone." Chanhee warned.

Changmin stood up immediately and gave me one last look of sympathy before brushing past my brother.

Chanhee came into my room and shut the door quietly.

"What the actual hell doah??" Chanhee asks. "I overhear a call with Changmin who sounded very worried—mind you it was way past curfew and you weren't even on your way home—that he has to drive to the coast to pick you up because for some reason your little boyfriend Sunwoo can't even bother to drop you off?? That's messed up! On both your parts! Bloody year 2s."

"Can you please stop shouting?" I rub my forehead from a headache. "Wouldn't you like to talk like civil adults having a conversation Chanhee?"

He sighed and sat down on the floor a few feet away from me. "Look, it's just that you.... I'm just worried. You went to a high school party with a guy like Sunwoo, and then he ditched you, and then you came home and Changmin said you wanted to be left alone. My mind went to the worst and I couldn't sleep at all last night."