23

"Well, I guess I thought of a whole speech for nothing," Changmin said.

We're watching Chanhee storm through the front gates. He stomps over to where Eunjung and a small group of her friends are standing and by his body language I can tell he's about to yell.

"Yeah. Seems like he's got this covered." I said.

"We can go around the other way if you want." Changmin said.

"It's okay I'm not scared of her." I said.

Changmin glanced down at me. "I meant if we wanted to avoid being near Chanhee."

"Ah," I nodded. "Then yes."

We both crept around him but even from a mile away we could have heard him screaming his head off at Eunjung. So embarrassing.

He said he would make her a social outcast and I guess this is the start of it.

"You don't have to walk with me. I'm okay, really." I said when Changmin didn't part ways like usual and followed me into the 2nd year hallway.

He shrugged. "It's for my sake. I'm a bit worried since I didn't know there were such violent people at this school." He said, though I knew he was lying.

As we walked through the hallway people stared at Changmin, and for once they stared at me as well. Probably at my visible black eye and my limbs covered in bandaids. I had to get my shoulder wrapped over the weekend after it got slammed into the wall that day.

"I wouldn't worry if I were you," I told him. "Nobody would lay a hand on you."

Changmin opened his mouth to argue but someone rushed at me and I felt Hanni's familiar hug.

"My bestie!! I'm so glad you're okay!" She pulled away and smiled at me. "Eunjung's friend is so out of the fashion sustainability club."

"Hah, thanks," I said.

"Woah Doah, did you get in a fight or something?" Sunwoo appeared behind her with his hands in his pockets and a sideways grin.

"Got in a little scruffle," I shrugged. "But I won."

"But seriously, how are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm good you guys, I swear." I said. I turned back to Changmin. "As you can see I'm fine. You don't have to stay here."

"Are you embarrassed of me?" Changmin's eyebrows shot up.

"No you're just attracting a fan club," I nodded across the hall where a group of girls and a few guys were sneaking glances and admiring him.

"They're probably looking at Sunwoo," Changmin said.

"Oh so you admit I'm hot then?" Sunwoo smirked.

"I'm gonna go now," Changmin took a weary step back. "Page me if you need anything."

"Okay, I'll see you!" I waved and watched him go. When I turned back to my friends they were both smiling at me widely. "What?" I asked.

"You're so in love," Hanni said while Sunwoo said, "You want to make out with him so bad."

"WHAT?!" I yelped. "No I'm not! I-I don't!"

"Mhm," Sunwoo said and they both linked their arms on either side of me. "Walk with me, Doah."

"To where?" I asked. "Class is about to start."

"Vending machine, I didn't eat breakfast." Sunwoo said. "But anyways, when are you going to make a move on him?"

"A move??" I asked. "Never. Never ever."

"What's stopping you?" Hanni asked.

"I don't know, maybe that he has a girlfriend?!" I said. "You're both being crazy."