Chapter 19 We Are Family That Is Why I Will Protect You

Seeing the stupefied expression of the two like they do not know what the hell was going on, Hua Meili could only continue explaining to them the current situation they are in now.

The situation?

All hell breaks loose!

Welcome to the Apocalypse! 

The reality that is much more painful than any nightmare!

"As you can see, this video is now being played live in all the available cameras in the entire city. Hexi hacked into all the available cameras in the city nearest to us so I can show you this but we can only use this temporarily since everything will in time no longer be useful..."

After saying those words, the videos being played one by one turned black until it was now all an empty screen.

"Speak of the devil, it's no longer useful."

Hua Meili signaled Du Hexi and he remove the things out.

"W-what was that? You're joking, right?!" Guo Zhongcheng paled.

"I'm not joking..."

Hua Meili was now drinking her tea since she finished eating a while ago. 

While the two could not finish what they were eating after seeing such a horrifying thing, so the food on the table was removed and only the tea was left.

Although both were retired military men, seeing that creepy and disgusting video, they could feel their stomachs churning. 

Stomach acid almost coming out as bile.

Yes, they were ex-military men who had seen enough of the world and killed many humans.

But it's not like they rip those enemies into pieces and stuff their flesh into their own mouths when they go and kill them!

Seeing those monsters who seemed to only live in the tv screen and movie screen theater, they feel that their life was threatened and their appetites lessened recalling what they just saw a moment ago.

"Are all of this true?" 

Zhongcheng Qingren calmed his nerves, he put his hand together on his chin and looked at Hua Meili with his usual unfathomable gaze.

If what they saw just now was all true then would that mean that........

"Yes, it's all true."

.....the world has ended!

Seeing the pale faces of the two, Hua Meili could not help but sympathize with the both of them.

Really. 

Who would be so calm like her and accept that the peaceful and calm world that they use to live in had already ended and chaos had already ensued?

If someone other than her, a book wearer, was calm and accepting of the new world appeared, then that would mean that the other person is dangerous or just extremely retarded to know what happened!

So, seeing them react like the sky had fallen and the damn broke was pretty normal in her eyes.

Instead, she may look like a monster in their eyes for being so calm and accepting after learning that the world had ended and Zombies were running rampant in the world shredding and eating humans!

"Zombies or what I prefer to call Mutants are now running rampant in the entire world. You also felt the changes when you were sleeping, right? You felt like you were being grilled on fire for eternity, right? These were the signs of mutating into a mutated human which I prefer to call a Phase 1 evolutionary."