Chapter 24 Coming Back Home, A News That Should Be Celebrated!

When the night is cold~

I'll be there for you~

Be there to hug you~

There to warm you up~

As I use my sweetest voice to sing~

Sing a lullaby that will make you sleep~

A lullaby that was full of my love~

Sleep tight~

"Ah! Who the heck! Shut that d*mn noise!"

Hua Meili woke with a startle that morning when her ever-so-silent phone just had to choose to be loud early that morning.

At first, she thought that it was her alarm clock ringing but she never even set one.

Looking for the source of the sound, she never expected that the irritating sound would come from her phone.

Most importantly, it was a call from her brother!

"My brother...?" 

Hua Meili looks at the name on the phone in a daze.

"Meili's gege?!"

Shooting up awake, she quickly answered the phone afraid that the caller would end it.

"Meili? Is that you?"

Hua Meili heard a hoarse and husky voice on the other line of the phone.

"Gege, is that you?!" Hua Meili quickly asked.

Hua Meili was so shocked that she looks at the caller's name thrice before she believed that this is all real and not just a dream that was created by her overly imaginative brain because of anger.

If that was so, it should have been a murder scene where she kills the original's brother.

"Meili, it's me, Jin, your brother! Thank God you're alright! Where are you right now? Are you still in the mansion? If you are, stay there and I will come to find you." Jin Hua said worried about her safety.

She could hear him release a relieved sigh at the other end of the line.

Listening to her "brother" rattle on the phone, Hua Meili could not help but be sarcastic on her mind as she tortures him many times already.

She was so pissed off because he did not answer her calls but she did not let the anger shoot to her head and calm down.

She answered the call like a normal person would.

"Yes, I am still in the manor. Where do you think I should be? I will wait here for you so don't be rash and force yourself to come here if it's too dangerous, you might die and waste your life, you know what the situation is in the world right now."

The anger and sarcastic tone of her voice could be heard by anyone listening, still, she tried her best not to sound very sarcastic on the phone.

This man is still Hua Meili's brother, the person who she is indebted.

"Don't worry about me too much, even without you I can survive, because I have my friends with me. By the way, why could I not reach your d*mn phone before? I have been calling you, every single f*cking, every day but I could not reach you." 

Hua Meili was very 'worried' about Jin Hua in her choice of words but whispered curse words in her mind or maybe she said some of them out loud.

"Well... I was on a business trip on an island and there was no signal there since it was such a faraway place. When the Apocalypse struck, I was stuck there but do not worry I am alright. I will be coming home soon and do expect some guests." Jin Hua explained.

"Alright, I will wait for you here. Please be safe."

Hua Meili gritted the word "safe" in her words. She could really bear a grudge.

"You too, be safe."

After talking for a little while, Jin Hua decided to end the call to conserve battery since his phone is almost dead. He still needed his phone as a way to contact her in the future to find her so he decided to end the call to conserve battery.

When the call ended, Hua Meili sighed in relief knowing that this original owner's body's brother is still alive and alright.

Somehow, she is looking forward to meeting the body's brother and his people.

'Jin, his name is somewhat familiar, I wonder where I heard that name from?' Hua Meili thought as she tried to connect some picture in the name but nothing really comes to mind.

"Ehh..."

Hua Meili just shrug her shoulders and went back to sleep, dreamland once again welcomed her.

The next morning.

Hua Meili who was eating her breakfast peacefully was suddenly pounced on by Guo Zhongcheng scaring her fragile heart. 

Her soul almost escaped her body from the scare.

"C-Cheng ge!"

Hua Meili stuttered from the fright when she saw that it was only Guo Zhongcheng.

"You scared me...."

She patted her chest and glared at the smiling culprit.

"Hehehe...."

Smiling mischievously, he got off her. He sat next to her and started eating his breakfast happily.

'How can he smile so sweetly after almost sending me to heaven a while ago? Be grateful that you are my Cheng ge or else you would be the one sent to heaven instead!"

Hua Meili glared at Guo Zhongcheng for a while before going back to eating her meal.

Once in a while, she will look at Guo Zhongcheng with dark thoughts but disperse immediately before they could form seeing how cute he is.

She really could not stay angry at him. 

He is really just too cute for her to stay angry.

Not long after, Zhongcheng Qingren next walked in and sat next to Guo Zhongcheng with a smile.

"Morning, Zhong ge." Hua Meili smiled.

"Morning." 

Zhongcheng Qingren greets back with a nod as he eats his meal.

"So, how is it going on between you two? Any improvements?" Hua Meili asked putting down her chopsticks and looking at them.

"A little. I could feel my body being revitalized and being strengthened by the ZC, it is really like a miracle drug." Zhongcheng Qingren said.

"Right! Xiao Mei, thank you for the ZC again! After using it I could feel my ability getting stronger!" Guo Zhongcheng exclaimed eating his cereal.

"Same here. Thank you, Little Meili." Zhongcheng Qingren nod at Hua Meili.

"Don't mention it, we're family so it's only right to help each other. And I have some great news to tell you guys, my brother is safe. He just called me and told me that he will be coming home. But, I don't know when he'll arrive though. I hope he will come back safe...."

"That's great news! Don't worry Xiao Mei I'm sure your brother will come back safe and sound!" Guo Zhongcheng comforted.

"If it's Jin, then I am sure he will be fine." Zhongcheng Qingren said confidently as he tore his bread.

"Yup, I hope he's fine." Hua Meili prayed.

'I hope that he will really be fine. Jin, come back safely.... or I'll be d*mn*d by your sister's ghost!