"Expectations it the root of all heartaches"

Heey! Turns out I have a cold so I won't be posting as late after all 😀

This is another request from onlyposersfuckingdie, thank you so much for inspiring me!

Enjoy and please type down the comments on what you'd like for me to write next! ☆

________________________________________________________________________________

Although it was nowhere near Christmas "Happy Xmas (War is over)" was playing from your cassette player. This was the song you usually played on repeat on your speaker after a long week and you just wanted some time alone to rest. Tim would usually hear the song being played next door and understands the meaning behind it. So, when the song would play he would just sit by his apartment door and listen to the song with you from his corner. However, today didn't seem all like usual. The song was way louder than normal and he couldn't hear you shuffle around your apartment to get something (yes, the walls are thin.) He contemplated going to check on you, but he told himself "No Tim, Y/n wants to be alone so you have to respect that." About towards the end of the song though, he'd hear a sob. Tim being the best boyfriend that he is sprung up to his feet and rushed to your apartment. He'd knock on the door frantically.

"Y/n? I know you don't want to be bothered but are you okay?" Tim would practically yell from the other side of the door, the music too loud to be heard if he talked normally. No responses, Tim started to worry. "Maybe she could be seriously hurt? Damn it, I'm going in!"  The thought of you being hurt sent a cold shiver down Tim's spine so he immediately took out the extra key to her apartment that she had given him a few months back, which was surprisingly not lost, and opened the door. He scavenged around her apartment, hoping to find her in pieces. He knew damn well you were independent and responsible, unlike him, yet he could never stop worrying about you. Anything could happen to the most responsible of people in a matter of seconds! You could easily get hurt by slipping or falling for some stupid reason. He continue to ponder when he found you, curled up in your bed sobbing. He sighed in relief, at least you're okay. Well- maybe. He'd turn off your speaker.

"Hey! Hey...It's alright. Timmy's here." He'd embrace you, curling large arms around you like a blanket. He'd rub your head, sometimes kissing your forehead. He let you and the silence settle, humming the song that was previously playing. You calmed down shortly after, resting against your Timmy.

"Wanna tell me what happened? It's cool if you don't feel like it." He'd whisper in the softest tone, rubbing your back.

"My parents just don't recognize the work I put in. They always find a loophole to encourage my older siblings more than me." You started. Tim was well aware of your home situation. Your parents constantly praise your elder brother and sister, even if they're the complete opposite of how your parents perceive them to be.

"Just today my brother got released from jail after a week and my mom and dad couldn't stop sending me messages about how brave and strong my brother was for leaving for good behavior. How I should look forward to being more like him. It just didn't make sense because I never went to jail in the first place!" You'd burst into tears again, and Tim stayed silent as he wiped your cheek. He was a very good listener.

"And my sister just got her new car and I've been hearing all about it. How responsible she is for now being able to drive my parents around and how I'm never there to visit. It's the third time this year she's crashed it!" You'd get annoyed. You picked at your lips, causing Tim to gently swat your hand away when you did.

"I just feel like I'm never going to be good enough for them." You managed to whisper. Tim hated seeing you like this. You were so perfect to him that he never understood how your own parents could not see your talent and your accomplishments.

"Well to hell with them. It's not like they're the ones that check up on you either." Tim would say with a hint of irritation in his tone. You've never seen him get angry and your family stories before.

"You have so much to look forward to. Don't let those..." Tim struggled to find a word. "...turd mongers decided your fate and what you do. You managed to make the school win the debate championship, didn't you? Teachers love you, You're head of the debate team, and not only that you're also the best girlfriend ever." He'd squeeze you tightly, causing you to let out a small laugh from under his arms.

"Sure they're your parents, so what? They're just the same as every buffoon that doesn't see the capacity you have. So what if they raised you? They sure as hell aren't here to cuddle you when you're crying." You both lay in the quiet. This was nice.

"Expectations it the root of all heartaches," Tim would quote from a poem he read.

"Don't let those who don't see your worth compare you to others. Okay?"

"Okay." You squeaked out.

Tim would sigh. He gently swung you side by side whilst hugging you, causing you to fall asleep.

"I love you." He'd say as you were sleeping. Pecking your lips and falling asleep shortly too.