A surprise birthday party

I completely forgot how fun writing was when it's not an essay! A whole new world, really.

Request from!: onlyposersfuckingdie

Enjoy and please type down in the comments what you'd like me to write next! ☆

______________________________________________________________

Darryl was on Tim's shoulders trying to set up the birthday banner on the wall. Tim could have gotten up on a chair and done it himself, but when it came to preparing surprise parties, these two boys were practically sharing a brain. Luckily, they ordered a cake rather than making one. They wanted to assure that there would be no more salmonella catastrophe like there was last year at Janice's party. Though, after 30 minutes of blowing balloons and throwing confetti, the boys were getting the hang of it. Sorry, they were getting the hang of it until Janice texted Darryl that Y/n was heading back home.

"She can't come now, dude! The apartment isn't finished and we didn't finish wrapping the gifts yet!"

"I know man, that's why I'm telling Janice to stall her. We can do this!" Darryl tried to convince Tim, which just ended up being him trying to convince himself.

Meanwhile, with the girls...

"Why don't we go buy a balloon, Y/n? O-or a pretzel? I know! Let's look over there." Janice pressed on, pointing at every single thing and taking every route that could possibly buy the boys some time. She internally swore to herself since she knew she should've been the one decorating. It would've been done in 10 minutes if the guys let her be in charge, but they insisted that Janice would be in charge of stalling you since you and she were best friends. They thought that having a girl's day out would take an entire day to buy clothes or to gossip about whatever new hot news there is. Well, they found out the truth the harsh way when they were told that you were on your way back home way sooner than expected.

"Janice, you do realize we're looking at an alleyway right?" You question as Janice spun your around by your shoulders. "What's going on, girl? You've been acting weird all morning."

Janice was known to be a terrible liar. And I mean terrible. Especially when it came to you and your wits, she knew keeping this from you was going to be hard. Maybe this was another reason why she wanted to work on decoration...

"Look," Janice cracked slightly "you can't go back to the apartment just yet, alright? Trust me, it's for the best." Janice said with disappointment showing in her features, clearly upset that she ruined the surprise for you. However, you weren't aware that she was upset at herself. You paused for a moment, trying to put the pieces together. "Disappointed face, can't go back to Tim's apartment, for the best? Could he be...?"

"He's not doing what I think he's doing, right?" You'd say, tears welling up in your eyes. Janice, who was looking at the floor nodded along.

"I'm sorry Y/n, I ruined the surp-" She started, up until you marched back to his apartment in complete fury.

"Y/n! I swear to God, how does she have the ability to sprint in heels?!" Janice would complain, throwing her hands in the air.

You had almost reached your flat, Janice still calling your name and trying to catch up to you. Now you weren't one to come to conclusions when it came to Tim. No no no, you trusted him and you knew well he would never do anything to hurt you. But just by the sight of Janice's disappointment you knew something had to be wrong, right? I mean, Janice is the one you'd expect to tell you about these things. She was your best friend after all.

"Y/n- Please!" She'd pant, clearly struggling to convince you and climb up the stairs. (I feel you, Janice.)

"I have something really important to tell you, so don't open that door just yet!" Janice would say loud and clear to signal the boys, heck, loud enough to signal the whole apartment. The boys immediately hid once they heard the signal, though, this was about to take a whole different approach.

"I have to find out on my own, Janice." You sobbed, "I'm sorry but-" 

"SURPRISE!" The boys yelled from behind the door, Tim clearly excited to see your reaction. He sure did not expect to see you react like this. You looked up at him with tear stains on your cheeks, a look of confusion, and a slight hint of relief on your face.

"What's wrong babe? Did we do too much?" Tim would use his thumbs to wipe your face, his grin still very much apparent on his own. You'd slowly scoot yourself into his arms into a hug, leaving the group to become as confused as you were.

"Damn, what type of trauma did she go through during your shopping spree?" Darryl would ask Janice, who was still standing beside the door.

"Jesus Christ, Darryl; We didn't do anything traumatic! " Janice would scold her boyfriend, to which she received an "okay okay, sheesh." from him.

Tim would pay close attention to your every movement, tucking a loose strand of hair behind your ear as you squeezed him tighter. Before he could open his mouth and ask what was going on, your muffled voice came out from his chest.

"I shouldn't have thought that you were cheating on me, Timmy. I'm really sorry." You'd look at from his shirt, to which Darryl looked at Janice with a bewildered expression. What the hell could she have possibly told her? Janice took a minute to process what you had just said. "Cheating? How does that relate to not being able to go back to the apartment and being for the best?- Ohhh."

"Right, that was a mistake on my part. Sorry Y/n...Surpriseee?"

Tim, who had just put the pieces together, gave you a sweet kiss on the cheek and spun you around so you could face the fiesta that awaited you.

"Don't sweat about it, angel, It's just a simple misunderstanding. Now c'mon, you wanna eat some cake?"

"That you um...that you and Darryl made?"

"No, 'course not. We bought it."

"Then let's eat some cake!"