Ice rink

______________________________________________________________

Hiii! This one is going to be more of a Tim POV

Request from!: onlyposersfuckingdie

Enjoy and please type down in the comments what you'd like me to write next! ☆

______________________________________________________________

I was ice skating with some of my mates. We realized we didn't have practice a little too late so we just thought it'd be best to just skate around whilst the ice rink was still open for the public. That's when I saw her: Y/n. I've had the biggest crush on her for months. Sure we've talked before, maybe during group projects or when we sat together in class or occasionally during lunch. Though, I wasn't sure if she considered me a friend. It hurt like hell knowing I probably didn't have a chance with her, but knowing that she hangs out with me from time to time was good enough. Anyways, I saw her get dragged along by some of her student council friends. For some reason, I never liked the vibe they gave off. Every time I saw her hang around with them on campus she always seemed uncomfortable. Not only that, those girls always seemed so judgy. They constantly whispered to each other as they side-eyed her. But as I previously stated, I wasn't sure if I was a friend of Y/n's, so it wouldn't be up to me to deal with her business.

Though, I couldn't keep my eyes off them. They kept dragging and pushing Y/n onto the rink. I saw the way she looked at the ice, purely petrified.

"Come on Y/n! Don't be such a big wuss!"

"Yeah! You promised you'd come to the rink with us. You can't turn back now." I could hear them laugh, Y/n not looking in a joking mood at all.

"Plus, your little crush is here! You don't want to seem like an idiot in front of him don't you?" I could see the girls motioning to me, though I couldn't catch what they were saying for that last part.

"Guys, please! You know I hate skating.." The tremble in her voice destroyed me. I can't believe her friends didn't notice that she was practically almost in tears. To her dismay, her friends managed to slide her to the rink, successfully placing her right in the middle.

"You know how to skate Y/n! You just need to stop being scared over what happened in your past. Trust me, you're going to thank us later. It's for your own good!" And they skated off. They left their supposedly "best friend" that was completely terrorized to skate in the middle of an ice rink. So much for her own good. She just stood there, not wanting to move an inch. She held herself as she looked down, I could tell she was gonna cry right about any time now. It didn't feel like it was in my position to go comfort her, but by the looks of it her friends weren't going to go help her anytime soon. What was I thinking? Even if Y/n doesn't consider me a friend, I do! I skated over to her and took her hands in mine. She immediately shot her head up, to look at me. Her face was stained with tears. I mentally kicked myself for not going to help sooner.

"Hey, I could tell you didn't feel okay back here. You need some help getting off the ice?" I'd ask, not wanting to mention that I've been practically staring at her during the whole situation.

"Please." That was all she said.

I'd nod, leading her back to the ice rink stands. I could tell a rush of relief washed over her once her foot hit the land. We sat together on the seats in silence, I thought I should let her catch her breath. After all, she was technically having a panic attack. I could tell since she was breathing way faster than normal, and how she gripped her sides tightly.

"Sorry, I know it wasn't any of my business but I couldn't help but see what happened between you and your friends. Why'd they force you to go on the ice?" I looked at her, her eyes not meeting mine. She hesitated to tell me for a second.

"It's completely fine if you don't feel comfortable telling-"

"My brother and I went ice skating once when we were younger. We weren't paying attention to the people around us until my brother fell and got his finger sliced by one of the skaters passing by." She'd let out. I gotta be honest, I was a little taken aback since I wasn't expecting her to just tell me like that. Maybe she does consider me a friend?

"Wow- Um. That's pretty gruesome."

"Yeah..I've been completely horrified by the ice ever since then. It's so stupid." She'd throw her hands at her face.

"Hey! It's alright. You went through something traumatic, it's not stupid." I'd rub her back. I didn't want her to cry again.

"If it makes you feel any better, I'm scared of worms because one got into my shirt once when I was a kid?" She laughed a little when I told her that, and just that alone relieved me.

"How'd it even get in your shirt?"

"I went fishing with my pops once. I messing around with the bait until I didn't notice one crawling down my back." We laughed together.

"Thanks Tim. I can't believe I'm even friends with them." She'd frown at the girls that seemed to enjoy skating without her. Not one of them turned to notice that Y/n wasn't where they left her.

"Look, I know you don't want to step back onto the ice but- what if I taught you?" I turned to look at her. I thought it was a good idea, up until I saw her worried face. Jesus what was I thinking?

"You know what- how about we go out for a burger? It's on me." I retracted. Just then her face twisted from worry to relief.

"That would be perfect. Thanks for being there for me Tim."

"Not a problem. You're my friend after all."

"Really? You consider me like one of your friends?" She'd look up at me with a smile.

"Of course! Why wouldn't you be?" 

"I just never thought you'd consider a person like me as a friend. You know? Boring, stubborn, snobby?"

"Really? I thought you were cool."

"Oh. Thanks." She turned her face away, for some reason she was a little redder than usual. (Tim you blind little-)

"So, about that burger...You think you can eat as much as me?"

"You're on big guy."